Strategic Solutions Lead TBS
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Strategic Solutions Lead TBSApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Takeda Business Solutions (TBS) is a newly formed function within Takeda with the objective of enabling Takeda’s business strategy, delivering simplification and cost reduction, improving service and providing a transformation engine for continuous improvement for Takeda. ‘Continuously innovating and transforming our business to be simpler and more cost competitive, enhancing our employees’ experience’ is our overarching vision with a goal of ‘Building a Healthy Business’, helping focus us on delivering value for Takeda.
The Global Strategic Solutions Lead, (SSL) reports into the Head of Strategy and Relationship Management. This role is pivotal to the success and reputation of TBS globally. The SSL will need to design, set up and implement the global TBS Strategy organization and will be accountable for working closely with the TBS Leadership Team, the Strategy and Relationship Leader, the business and TBS Business Partners to develop the strategic roadmap. This will include what solutions TBS delivers and in which areas to develop strategic partnerships and identifying potential partners. The SSL will be instrumental in defining how integration, synergy and year on year savings will be realized.
This role will have an external lens to steer TBS on the journey to being world class, providing external benchmarking standards and developing with the TBS Leadership Team the culture and new ways of working. It will also work closely with the Business to ascertain their future requirements and develop new solutions, providing the demand roadmap to TBS of how and where TBS should deliver these services.
• The primary purpose of the Global TBS Strategic Solutions Lead is to develop, evolve and oversee the implementation of the long-term TBS strategy, across the geographical functional footprint (Finance, Procurement, Operations and People Solutions), supporting the TBS Leadership Team. This includes TBS scope (activities performed by TBS), service placement (where activities should be performed) to deliver the optimal TBS footprint), TBS technology strategy (what applications should be used for what).
• Establishes and leads the Global Strategic Solutions Team which will include hiring the team, setting the strategic agenda for the team, determining the purpose and objectives of the team, how the team will be structured, where resources will be strategically located and developing ways of working.
• Work with the broader business to develop the business case and TBS delivery solution for any new work coming into the TBS pipeline. Ensure this is in line with the TBS strategy and service catalogue.
• Oversee teams to define, design and plan solutions to meet customer demand and requirements. Identify growth opportunities for TBS and work with the business to develop enterprise wide value adding business cases.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the field of Global Business Solutions and customer services industries, staying abreast of industry developments, bringing outside thinking into Takeda on this topic.
- Performs the function of a ‘Chief of ‘Staff’, supporting the Head of TBS in any required management activities such as governance, facilitating TBS LT meetings, and any special projects delegated by the Head of TBS, maintaining appropriate confidentiality
Key Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree preferably in Finance, Business or related area
- At least 10 years’ experience in a multinational environment with exposure to senior management
- Deep understanding of the Global Business Services concepts and complexity
- Leadership skills: capable to indirectly manage and coordinate small to medium size teams.
- Proven ability to define a strategy and underlying objectives, designing operating models
- Capable of working in a wide-ranging and diverse global stakeholder field across functions and process domains
- Ability to communicate with and influence varying levels within the organization
- Ability to think in terms of processes
- Demonstrated organizational ability to work effectively across cultures and regions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks for themselves and their direct reports and handle high-pressure situations
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Company Car Benefit (dependent on role requirements) Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0015288