Strategic Procurement Manager Professionel Services and Business Partner
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Strategic Procurement Manager Professionel Services and Business PartnerApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
- Plans and leads category initiatives for a clearly defined region and develops and implements regional category strategies for market facing spend categories as part of the wider Category Strategy. The Strategic Procurement Manager (SPM) leads proactive category projects to support the delivery of regional procurement targets, spanning sourcing projects, demand management and process re-engineering to support the delivery of regional procurement targets, as well as supporting region-specific supplier performance and innovation activities
- Primary Business Partner (SPOC) for the Local Operating Companies LOC(s) ensuring "Global Real Estate, Facliities and Procurement" (GREFP) activities at local level are aligned to region and category team planning
- Deveops and implements local strategies, in those categories not supported by Global/Regional team.
- Responsible for ensuring that high-quality end end-user service delivery is achieved by understanding local needs and calling on the appropriate resources within GREFP team to support this. They will be a critical on-site liaison to link Category teams, TBS, Real Estate, Facilities and Security teams and the LOCs to ensure successful implementations.
- Develop and implement category strategies for areas of accountability across the region
- Provides regional input to Global category strategies
- Accountable for the GREFP targets delivery in the LOC(s) ( Savings, DPO, Compliance,….)
- Develop a pipeline of both category and LOC initiatives and opportunities to meet targets
- Monitor progress of GREFP activities in the LOC(s) to provide regular updates to his/her business partners
- Work with TBS to ensure end-user requirements are translated into efficient sourcing activity
- Collaborate with CoE to support a robust approach to SP&I , systems and tools
- Drive continuous improvement while ensuring compliance, and improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Establish strong relationships with key business partners and be the single point of contact for senior stakeholders in the LOC(s) while working closely with category managers, CoEs and TBS
- Understand the challenges of the organization and awareness of Takeda’s future direction and business challenges to successfully adapting the appropriate strategies, structure and approach to cost-effectively support the evolving needs.
- Create a culture of compliance internally and externally where everyone abides by Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience
- 10+ years overall business experience, with at least 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- 4+ years prior experience procuring relevant goods and services for a similar business unit or company
- Demonstrated success leading regional/global teams to achieve documented savings through various sourcing strategies
- Documented experience leading cost reduction and value improvement programs
Job ID R0014556