Senior Project Lead Europe - Manufacturing & Supply
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Senior Project Lead Europe - Manufacturing & SupplyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Project Manager Europe – for our Global Manufacturing & Supply Division based in our Zurich office.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A Typical Day Will Include:
As a Senior Project Lead, Europe working on the Global Manufacturing & Supply Team, you will be empowered to be a core member of the European Leadership Team and will work with a multitude of stakeholders across nine manufacturing sites in the European network. The incumbent will manage a complex portfolio of strategic projects, engaging directly with project teams at the sites to realize results and build capability. The incumbent will bring best-practice to Takeda and work on the strategic development of the GMS Europe business.
- Managing and tracking delivery of multiple complex strategic projects across all production sites within GMS Europe – helping the sites to focus on the few priorities that matter most and deliver results against these
- Support the plants in executing major projects that could vary between 5 to 75 Million USD
- Supervising and guiding project teams across the full project lifecycle, including capability building
- Identifying issues and risks proactively, prioritizing those and supporting sites in identifying counter measures
- Supporting effective problem-solving to resolve issues and keep projects running on time, on budget and ensuring that they meet agreed deliverables
- Pro-actively seeking improvement initiatives to address Takeda business challenges, particularly related to productivity, transformation, implementation and change management
- Support in executing the strategic development of the GMS Europe business unit
- Preparing and running monthly meetings for GMSGQ Europe network
- Working closely together with the regional Head of Quality Services and Improvement to ensure that quality and manufacturing strategic priorities are aligned and executed in close collaboration
- Networking internally and externally, staying current on the latest trends and bring best practices to Takeda to ensure that we are finding the most innovative way to serve our patiens, build trust, reputation and business
- Takes interest in current environmental trends to help build a cutting-edge business that also challenges the way Takeda approaches its operations
- Bachelor degree in business or life sciences, MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience as a project manager, preferably within Life Sciences sector
- Experience in successfully managing strategic projects in the area of technical operations, productivity, transformation and business development
- Prior experience partnering with senior leadership teams at both head office and plant level
- Proven success in delivering on small to mid-size manufacturing projects
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to drive project execution through local project teams
- High aptitude in working cross-culturally and cross-functionally
- Has “hands-on” approach and strong drive for results
- Talent for synthesizing complex topics and explaining them in easily-understood terms to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and listening skills, being able to flex the communication style to match audience
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Must have English fluency and other language skills advantageous
All applicants should hold a Swiss work permit or an EU Passport
Empowering Our People to Shine
Job ID R0008084