Regional Vendor Oversight Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Regional Vendor Oversight LeadApply Now
Regional Vendor Oversight Lead
PV Affiliate Relations
Reports To (Title):
Snr Director, Regional Affiliate Relations
This role is responsible for supporting and overseeing local and regional vendor oversight model for the LOCs in collaboration with GPSE Vendor Oversight function. This includes managing regional vendor relationship/s, ensuring a harmonized LOC vendor model that complies with regulatory, procedural or contractual requirements across the appointed region. Additionally, this role supports implementation of LOC PV regional vendor model where applicable.
- Ensure LOC PV vendor oversight process is harmonized and inspection ready for local PV Systems
- Ensure a regional vendor oversight model is established and maintained which optimizes LOC PV vendor management and oversight in collaboration with GPSE Vendor Oversight team
- Represent LOC PV vendor oversight requirements in applicable forums and initiatives to ensure the LOC PV needs are understood and actioned
- Establish / participate and where appropriate lead regional vendor governance and relationship management activities
- Work in close collaboration with GPSE, ensuring alignment with the global PV vendor oversight strategy.
- Identify, plan and execute regional and local vendor oversight harmonization initiatives that drive further alignment, harmonization, efficiency and inspection readiness in collaboration with LOC PV and broader GPSE community
- Undertake analysis of regional PV vendor management and oversight activities to identify improvement opportunities, level of existing oversight, gaps/risks that require further management and/or escalation and build and execute a vendor oversight model that ensures a harmonized oversight model that is effort efficient and effective.
- Ensure vendor oversight and approaches are compliant with related processes, policies and regulatory requirements locally, regionally and globally.
- Ensure any vendor oversight tools are utilized efficiently and consistently across LOCs
- Identify and track optimal vendor oversight metrics, data sources and reporting opportunities that will ensure timely, accurate and harmonized oversight of vendors that meet local, regional and global oversight requirements in collaboration with GPSE Vendor Oversight function
- Support PV LOC audit/inspection activities related to vendor oversight, including preparation, audit support, and post-audit activities related to vendor oversight and management in close collaboration with PV Compliance, PV Affiliate Liaison and LOC PV and quality teams
- Responsible to define and disseminate regional vendor oversight best practices
- Ensure close collaboration with GPSE and R&D vendor oversight functions to best support LOC needs.
- Ensure local and/or regional PV processes are in place to clearly define PV vendor oversight responsibilities within the LOCs in line with Global SOPs and local regulations. Support and advise on the development/maintenance of PV vendor oversight in LOCs and facilitate, as appropriate, local PV vendor oversight Training
- Interfaces with Commercial teams and GPSE to facilitate smooth business partners relations/Alliance management to successfully address any activities related to pharmacovigilance agreements (PVAs)/Safety Data Exchange Agreements (SDEAs) that impact and/or rely on local and/or regional PV vendors
- Support PV vendor compliance oversight and issue identification and management
- Support partner relationships and issue management in consultation with in scope LOCs
- Serve as regional vendor governance coordinator and where appropriate governance lead for regional partner governance body/ies, where appropriate
- Contribute to the validation of local and regional vendors list, including updates to the PSMF.
- Develop and manage a balanced scorecard model that can be deployed as appropriate for regional vendor partnerships
- Monitor vendor´s results, identify trends and proactively collaborate to facilitate resolution, mitigate risks and ensure business continuity.
- Develop reports for GPSE, as needed.
- Ensure consistency across strategic regional partners
- Support local and sub-regional PV vendor needs identification and selection process
- Support development of local vendor oversight plans and associated actions
- Support Snr Director, Regional Affiliate Relations & finance in LOC PV vendor budget forecasting and tracking activities to ensure a cost-efficient LOC PV vendor model
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: (List the education and experience required to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Equivalent combinations of education and experience should be noted).
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English
- Scientific and/or health professional (nursing etc) degree; bachelor’s required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Min 3 years pharmaceutical or health care related industry experience required
- Experienced in PV related environments, preferably at local, regional and/or global levels
- Experienced in setup and maintenance of vendor relationships and establishing vendor oversight at a local, regional and/or global level
- Experience of working cross-functionally. Experience working with or in a Pharma Commercial are preferred
- Strong knowledge of PV regulations for the post marketing global environment and regional legislation in particular
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible mindset
- High degree of cross-cultural awareness
- Self-motivated and accountable team worker with collaborative approach. Experience working within virtual teams.
- Ability to prioritise under pressure with well-developed organizational skills
- High standard of computer literacy
Job ID R0016594