Global Senior Director, Network Strategy Lead (Small Molecule/ Plasma)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Senior Director, Network Strategy Lead (Small Molecule/ Plasma)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Global Network Strategy Lead (Small Molecule/ Plasma) in our Zurich office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the respective supply network:
- Drives analytics in support of product portfolio rationalization, network economic assessments, cost of goods evolution and evaluation. Owns financial analysis that supports strategic capacity investments and other decision analytics in support of product portfolio
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the supply network design principles and resulting strategy
- Responsible to ensure project/program portfolio is integrated into network strategy
- Responsible for the execution of the GMS long range capacity planning process to proactively identify and mitigate capacity shortages or overcapacities across the OpU network and co-ordinate with Capex strategy to ensure a balanced investment in capacity where required
- Evolve understanding of network performance through the use of appropriate network analytics in partnership with relevant business partners. Pursue identification of optimization opportunities
- Ensure that any strategic initiatives or programs to be considered at the MSC are consistent with the defined network strategy and viewed through both a PTRB and network optimization lens
- Collaborate with Product Operations, Manufacturing Sciences, Engineering, Supply Chain and the Operating Unit/Region to align on a long range Statement of Capacity that is endorsed by OpU and aligned to the OpU budget. The creation of the statement of capacity will require the follow responsibilities: Partnering with the site leadership teams to accurately reflect the manufacturing capacity and critical assumptions supporting the capacity statement; Partner with needed functions & OpU/Region to document and understand both Capex and Opex projects that impact site capacities and changes to capacities; Partner with external manufacturing to understand capacity in outsourced manufacturing network
- Collaborate with PVPS/Commercial, Regulatory and Supply Chain to align on a long range demand statement across the and external assets which is endorsed by all stakeholders
- The creation of the statement of demand will require the follow responsibilities: partner with Franchises/Commercial to produce a 10 year long range business plan for all relevant products including inline and pipeline products; partner with OpU/Region Product Operations function to understand and apply the sourcing strategy to the demand to manufacturing operations within the network; partner with Regulatory to understand the Regulatory implications of the demand signal to allocate demand to manufacturing operations within the network
- This person will be responsible for a Network optimization process which will assess improvement opportunities to defer/avoid capex spend where possible and provide recommendations on make or buy opportunities to optimize GMS COGS for products
- Assess network economics, support sourcing decision/options analysis, and risk assessments in support of proposals.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
B.S. in engineering or biological sciences/pharmacy. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry required with prior financial analysis responsibility. Demonstrated application of planning skills critical. Previous experience in directly working with cross functional teams at a plant or corporate support function level, with direct and regular interaction across functions: Commercial, R&D, Product Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Site Production Planning Engineering, etc.
Desired:. Prior experience in developing and executing multi-site plans. Prior working interaction with Supply Chain functions, Commercial Franchise and/or Country management. Change management capability a plus.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0017876