Mgr, Instructional Design
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Mgr, Instructional DesignApply Now
The core purpose of this position is to serve as a global advocate and be responsible for ensuring GxP learning programs are instructionally sound, meet business goals, provide return on investment (ROI), engage learners, and are sustainable in order to meet the Learning Organization strategy requirements in a compliant manner. They lead the Instructional Design Common Interest Group (CIG), creating a foundational competency in Adult Learning Principles, common instructional design methodology and templates, and needs analysis process, and selected eLearning design software packages. Additionally, they assist with onboarding of new designers throughout the network.
- 25%: Collate, design, and deliver a globally accessible catalogue of current technical courses in order to reduce redundancy of effort in creating new programs across the network
- 25%: Assist with implementing a Technical Competency Development Strategy to enable colleagues GxP capability by creating technical competency learning interventions
- 10%: Build internal e-learning capability, in both the center and site training functions, through coaching of site resources
- 10%: Deliver the Instructional Design strategy which includes standard creation, robust processes for learning requirements allocations, adult learning theory, needs analysis, evaluation of effectiveness and future enhancements to design process
- 10%: Leveraging adult learning principles create effective global learning interventions to support GMS Value Proposition (e.g. QT, GMP, on-boarding)
- 10%: Employ cutting edge learning technologies to engage multi-generational workforce in enhanced learning experiences
- 10%: Coach instructional designers on all aspects of instructional design competencies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BSc in Education or equivalent required, 3-5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical environment. Training qualification (Certificate or Diploma level preferred), Extensive experience ID fields (minimum 3-5 years)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in training and development and instructional design. Robust knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and regulatory compliance needed. Experience in global biotech / pharmaceutical manufacturing required. Experienced in leading a training organization in pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Advanced competency in eLearning packages, such as Storyline, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects), Visio, PowerPoint and Instructional Systems Design
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0040647