Medical Advisor GI
Zurich, Switzerland, Pfaeffikon, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Medical Advisor GIApply Now
- Support the local MA strategy for GI (gastrointestinal) to successfully deliver the integrated brand plan objectives in accordance with agreed business priorities
- Develop medical strategies which continuously & efficiently support value demonstration throughout the lifecycle of our medicines
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, above all with national KOLs and drive and implement the KOL engagement/medical plans in order to strengthen trust in and reputation for Takeda
- Provide medical advice and scientific expertise to support the GI unit
HCP interactions/external activities:
- Develops and fosters professional long lasting peer-to-peer relationships with key physicians, key opinion leaders (KOL) and academic centres and ensures ethical and high level exchange of scientific information in GI
- Maintain relationships with scientific/medical societies. Reports customer visits/activities to defined interfaces to ensure appropriate exchange of information and develops potential projects in cooperation with commercial team (Business Unit GI)
- Participates at national and international meetings and congresses
- Plans and executes advisory boards, scientific publications and medical symposia
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues (Marketing and Market Access) to define / implement the local medical strategy for GI and ensure alignment with the global medical strategy and the brand strategy
- Supports the content development and manages – in cooperation with Business Unit GI – the execution of continuous education programs for medical professional’s incl. symposia, congresses, online programs.
- Provides medical education via presentation of scientific content to internal and external customers
- Develops and executes – in cooperation with marketing & sales - KOL engagement plans
- Reports emerging medical/clinical trends, identifies new opportunities and communicates them to commercial team as appropriate
- Provide support for the integration of new clinical results into the brand strategy and product launch plans
- Responds to requests and supports investigator initiated sponsored research (IISRs) according to company procedures; foster the implementation as collaborative research projects
- Supports local projects to generate evidence to ensure access to our innovative treatments
- Medical Clearing: adhere to compliance to law (HMG / Pharmakodex), local & company requirements and processes on all promotional activities together with the larger medical team, review of promotional and non-promotional material in the context of medical clearing
Pharmacovigilance & Quality Management:
- Documents and reports AE and quality deficiencies for all products in line with internal and external regulations to local PV department/TPDE, Drug Safety according to PV obligations
- Supports compliance/quality assurance manager in case of audits together with Medical Director
SKILLS and LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Identification with Takeda-ism values
- Understanding and experience of the GI environment and business model where the brand/s operate including working with an account model
- Able to lead the medical strategy for key opinion leaders
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and codices for pharmaceutical industry
- Project management skills – to deliver within set time frames
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events
- Mindset of continous improvement
- Innovative, develops new ways of working and uses these to differentiate from competition
- Strong communicator and has an ability to engage both external and internal stakeholder
- Strong ability to assimilate information (technical, clinical, medical, scientific) quickly, present clinical data and it`s implications clearly & concisely and discuss the statistical and clinical relevance in line with key messages
- Understanding the decision making units and an ability to manage complex networks
- Mature professional presence & credibility
- Passionate & self-confident
- Ability to work under pressure
Experience and Education
- Physician (MD), veterinarian physician, PharmD, natural scientist (PhD)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, 2 years of which in Medical
- Experience in GI
- Experienced in working with MS Office
- Fluent written & spoken German & English / French is a strong advantage
Job ID R0015611