Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Lead Dengue, Global Medical Affairs, VBU
Takeda is currently looking for a Lead Dengue, Global Medical Affairs (Vaccine Business Unit) to lead initiatives to demonstrate the contribution of Takeda VBU to public health and to develop global medical strategy for the effective introduction of our vaccine (candidate) globally to support the Global Product Team (GPT) strategy and objectives. The Lead Dengue, Global Medical Affairs provides medical input into the long term vision and growth strategies for new vaccines. He/She demonstrates leadership in collaborative work with other relevant functions in Vaccine Business Unit, including regions with a focus on supporting the LOCs.
He /she leads and develops the respective Global Medical Affairs Team to achieve optimal performance and develop talents.
- As a member of the Vaccine Business Unit (VBU) Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team, the GMA Lead Dengue is leading the development and execution of Global Medical Affairs Strategy using GMST (Global Medical Strategy Team) for the Takeda Dengue Vaccine candidate (TAK-003), in a cross-functional GMST, including Regional Medical Affairs (RMA), Immunization Science and Policy (ISP), medical functions in the LOCs (if needed) and other function to:
Set the Evidence Generation (EG) plan, based on research priorities and identified data gaps in alignment with Reginal and Local needs and consistent with the Brand Plan, and the overall GPT-strategy. The EG plan to include Investigator Initiated studies (IISRs), Collaborative Studies, Medical Affairs studies, and Health Economic and Outcome Research (HEOR). Formalize key medical communication messages, establish and maintain a scientific communication platform (SCP), the Integrated Scientific Communication and Advocacy Plan (iSCAP). Development and the publication plan through the Publication Strategy Committee (PSC) and congresses activities. Develop and maintain an up-to-date repository of key dengue scientific research findings (Core Decks, Whitepapers) relevant to Takeda’s TAK-003 program. Develop stakeholders’ engagement plan including advisory boards, KOLs, academic groups, scientific societies, patient advocacy groups and other stakeholders’ engagements. Develop and maintain an integrated medical training (Dengue Learning Academy, DLA) as part of the dengue launch preparations reflecting regional needs (in Regions/ LOC’s) and by disease areas (Endemic/ Travel) tailored to different knowledge levels and using different channels; CLIX-training platform, Meet The Expert Forums, F2F trainings and other virtual platforms. Establish a medical education plan to raise the external awareness about Dengue and TAK-003 vaccine candidate. Support development of Global Medical Info (GMI) process, platform and documents (by content and with approval process) to build up a VBU GMI-repository.
- Represent the voice of medical affairs and external customers (KOLs and Public Health) at Global Product Team (GPT). The GMA Lead Dengue will ensure sharing and cascading the relevant outcome of GPT decisions and discussion to the GMO team.
- The GMA Lead Dengue represents internally and externally the disease, TAK-003 candidate vaccine and strategically relevant update through:
Conducting regular literature update and maintain a up -to-date repository to help VBU relevant functions to get the latest updates on Dengue and prevention strategies. Establishing and using cross-functional forums to share new strategically relevant scientific updates within VBU, with experts in Discovery, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and ISP. Provide medical-scientific training (Disease and TAK-003 ) to internal/external stakeholders including Takeda leadership team. Being acknowledged externally as expert and present our clinical data externally as appropriate.
- Use established vaccine industry Medical Affairs experience to contribute to cross-functional teams to support their projects including:
Supporting the Pharmacovigilance team on vaccine safety topics and the Risk Management Plan (RMP). Contributing in the clinical Development Plan (CDP), and development of clinical material (study protocols and other study related documents) as needed. Support the regulatory affairs by reviewing regulatory documents including the Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC), and other documents as needed. Support the Market Access team in their activities and development of the Global Value Dossier (GVD).
- The GMA lead Dengue partners with Global Brand Lead in developing the Brand Plan, represent the medical voice at the Global Brand Team (GBT) and support commercial activities and development of material.
- Work in close collaboration with GMO Operations team to continuously improve strategies, processes, tools and platforms. Also, to determine best practices and appropriate needed resource including but not limited to procedures, infrastructure, budget planning and cost control.
- Ensure compliance of all tasks in developing and using materials for activities planned in the frame of GMST-/ GPT- and Brand Plans based on code of conduct, corporate philosophy, relevant laws and regulations as well as SOPs and policies. The GMA Dengue Lead is an Ambassador for Corporate Philosophy and Takeda-ism
- Collaborate within GMO (GMA, RMA, ISP; GMO Ops, PV), also with other teams in VBU (Discovery, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Commercial) and other functions in Takeda to make sure that we are involving all relevant functions and covering all opportunities to use systems up to date and that our way of working involves all talents to perform projects with high quality;
- Leverage strong leadership to develop and bind high-quality employees to the company;
- Support on-boarding, training and knowledge transfer within the medical department and in collaborations with other medical functions (Discovery, Clinical Development, Regulatory).
- Lead and develop the respective Global Medical Affairs team to achieve optimal performance and develop talents.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD/PHD, or equivalent qualifications and experience. At least 5-10 years of demonstrated leadership in a vaccines-industry medical-affairs related role. Preference will be given to candidates with dengue vaccine experience and who have demonstrated leadership at the global level. Minimum of 8 -10 years total pharma/ vaccines industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain) - with special focus on vaccines.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships.
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- High degree of self-awareness, self-motivation, initiative, and attention in detail
- Proven ability for relationship building i.e. to cultivate a wide network internally and externally and to establish and promote team environment
- Direct experience in vaccine development and/or good understanding of development techniques
- Experience in global cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of dengue, the vaccine, the science behind and the stakeholders’ needs
Global Product Team