Lead Data Scientist- DAB
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Lead Data Scientist- DABApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
Central Support – Central support will be at the forefront of driving new ways of working, collaborating and change. We need talent that are willing to be first adopters. Leaders who can help ensure learnings and best practices are leveraged across all of Takeda’s digital priorities
As disruptive technology changes the face of healthcare industry, Takeda will have a new role to play. We are taking a giant step forward to shape a new breed of organization. A future-ready organization that shape shifts as the world changes. We have embarked on a visionary journey to become a truly Living Business. A digital and data-driven organization with agile capabilities to respond quickly to new technology opportunities and changing customer expectations.
While others react to changing dynamics and disruption by building barriers around their digital solutions and patients, we understand that the global healthcare transformation can only be successful when we enter a new era of trust and collaboration by exchanging data, insights and knowledge.
We will explore new ways of working across Takeda. We will introduce agile capabilities and culture driving more intentional collaboration, innovation and partnerships across geographies and business units.
- Takeda is undergoing a digital transformation. Mobilized by the C-suite in November 2018 with a $300M funding released in January 2019, the transformation program has several initiatives in flight across the globe.
- One key pillar of the program and the digital organization is the emerging technology and digital partnerships team. This team serves as the agile prototyping body that drives pilot efforts to validate the efficacy and scalability of onboarded technology, analytics products.
- We are looking for a versatile, super-star data scientist that will lead the development of models, insight engines across the molecule life cycle. And if needed, put hands on the keyboard to build rapid prototypes.
- Identify relevant internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements to deliver data solutions.
- The scope of work is broad - crystal structure prediction, synthetic control arms, rare disease early diagnosis algorithms, yield optimization for manufacturing, patient journey analysis, micro-segmentation, field force optimization, etc.
- Involve additional data experts as needed.
- Implement tools (e.g., Power BI) that help data consumers to extract, analyze and visualize data faster through data pipelines.
- Design proposals for calculations based on subscribed data collection.
- Develop calculation mechanisms to ensure real-time data collection of customer behavior.
- Identify and interpret trends or make patterns in complex data sets in order to enable the business data-driven decisions.
- Provide data insights for technical solutions and system improvements based on interpreted results.
- Work alongside architects and other technical experts while contributing actionable, database insights to the system architecture.
- The goal would be for you to have global visibility, impact, and be positioned to start building your own team in April 2021.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or other relevant work experience.
- This role requires comfort with common modeling techniques (linear Regression, logistic Regression. decision tree, SVM, Naive Bayes, kNN. K-Means. Random Forest, dimensionality reduction, gradient boosting, xgboost, etc.), deep learning, deep knowledge of NLP (BERT, NLTK, including interest in learning new packages like GPT-3, deeBERT, AutoML, Sagemaker autopilot), a different approach for deploying models in the cloud (primarily AWS) and a strong appetite for learning!
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks etc..).
- Proficiency in R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, Python (NumPy/SciPy) or other statistical packages.
- Experience in working with large data sets and relational databases.
- Experience with distributed systems and programming models, using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross-functional teams.
- If you are a high performing data science wizard that can be a thought leader for ~200 data scientists across the organization in data science innovation, speed/comfort with learning and rapid prototyping - this is the gig you are looking for.
Job ID R0023368