IT Operations Lead GMSGQ
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
IT Operations Lead GMSGQApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
- Provide leadership and is accountable for the draft, decision making process, execution and continuous adjustment of the Global Manufacturing Supply/Global Quality IT (GMS/GQ IT) business plan.
- Ensure that all change management activities are consistent with IT strategy across all functional domains within GMS/GQ and identifies plan and strategy gaps and leads the development and execution of mitigation actions.
- Drive and define the vision for running the GMS/GQ IT department “as a business”, in accordance with business and technology priorities.
- Lead and manage the GMS/GQ IT budget to support the IT Financial planning processes for GMS/GQ IT in partnership with Global PMO, Finance, and department aligned with the business plan, strategy and manufacturing developments.
- Manage a team of internal and external managers and collaborates with GMS/GQ experts to ensure information demands from GMS/GQ IT LT, Global IT, and business stakeholders that require cross-team coordination are managed, dependencies are understood, managed and communicated and key communications for the GMS/GQ IT Leadership team are being timed and managed.
- Initialize and is the owner of the Integrated GMS/GQ IT business plan and aligned plans and programs consisting of multiple projects and work streams. This includes Milestones related to Program Delivery, Financial Delivery, Dependency, and Risk Milestones.
- Collaborate with IT leaders and business across multiple GQS/GQ areas to identify and plan major programs and projects aligned with the Integrated GMS/GQ IT business plan.
- Ensure engagement of all business partners from a dependency management perspective and identify and drive the program and resource priorities that align with business objectives and execute plans that drive toward achievement of the Integrated GMS/GQ IT business plan
- Manage the overall relationship between IT and major GMS/GQ business areas. Interact with executives and managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review project status.
- Act as the ‘go to’ person for Head of Strategy & Operations. Possess strong knowledge of both business and technology efforts within GMS/GQ IT. Understand our portfolio of activities and the value it brings to GMS/GQ.
- Assure appropriate prioritization and alignment with the strategy and direction and determine overall impact of various issues/risks to the delivery of Integrated GMS/GQ IT business plan.
- Oversee the productive and ongoing exchanges of information between GMS/GQ IT functions to ensure a culture of information sharing and efficient, accurate decision making.
- Influence others to lead and solve high complex problems and interpret ways of prioritizing opportunities to streamline the GMS/GQ IT department.
- Provide leadership in identifying and solving complex problems impacting GMS/GQ IT associates. Challenge existing best practices support the development of business cases - including ROI/KPI frameworks - to improve and/or advance the transformation of business operations, processes and strategies.
- Design operational approach for GMS/GQ IT around word class user experience for department associates. Ensure processes are well aligned and pragmatic to support efficient workforce management.
- Establish and facilitate all GMS/GQ IT Leadership team meetings to ensure productive outcomes with necessary deliverable follow-up. Facilitate leadership team meetings to ensure consistent ways of working with established agendas, actionable outcomes, and appropriate collaboration within GMS/GQ IT and the business.
- Lead the development of content for and the support of key communications for the GMS/GQ IT Leadership team. This is inclusive of written, virtual, and face-to-face communications.
- Actively engage with GMS/GQ IT LT, other departments in Global IT, major program leads, and the integration management office to ensure active adoption and deployment of process improvements developed within GMS/GQ IT. Support continuous improvement as required.
- Ensure policy-compliance and manage requests and expectations in alignment with Global IT standards.
- Manage and provide visible leadership to the department and create a positive work environment.
- Ensure smooth operation of various processes that contribute to the productivity of the department.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years relevant experiences of extensive experience managing and supporting IT business functions. Specific knowledge and experience in operational excellence.
- Has worked in IT Operational Environments (Manufacturing/infrastructure/Applications/Support)
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple activities with an extreme degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Project management experience, including management of full lifecycle implementations for major application implementation.
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes and manage departmental relationships.
- Experience working with multiple teams across a matrixed organization to generate solutions.
- Master’s degree
- Pharmaceutical industry; specifically, drug development & manufacturing experience.
Job ID R0014163