IT Lead Supply Chain Planning
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
IT Lead Supply Chain PlanningApply Now
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
We look for a Digital and Technology Leader who will inspire new ideas, co-create solutions and drive business outcomes with data, digital and information technologies in close partnership with Global Process Owners for Supply Chain Planning in Takeda Global Manufacturing & Supply.
- Elaborates the technology needs of Supply Chain Planning within the Takeda Supply Chain through a combination of IT business partnering and services experience, leadership, business knowledge and technology expertise
- Proactively engages with the business to understand current and future needs and collaborates with the IT Governance bodies to prepare, plan, prioritize and ensure funding of the portfolio of projects.
- Shapes digital & innovation across Supply Chain Planning, while maintaining global alignment, through existing and emerging technologies.
- Collaborates with the ERP Product Management IT organization to ensure the project requirements are delivered and performs an RFQ to select an appropriate vendor and manages the delivery of the project.
- Provides strong, reliable leadership while promoting customer focus, risk-based decision making, continual improvement and inspection readiness within the IT organization
- Oversees the Supply Chain Planning business needs and roadmap within IT.
- Partners with Supply Chain business leadership members, Supply Chain Planning stakeholders to ensure - Business alignment on strategic, tactical and operational level. Aim to prioritize the business IT requirements, investment and roadmap alignment.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business organization
- Defines the supply chain planning target IT end state in collaboration with business stakeholders and ERP Product Management organization, plans and aligns the resource requirements and capacities in regard to priorities and roadmap.
- Supports the Head of Supply Chain & External Supply to develop an IT Supply Chain Strategy for different planning areas and operational units, designs and aligns site IT master planning with global and local Supply Chain Planning partners and drive execution.
- Lead the development of the Supply Chain Planning strategy/roadmap & ensure that projects and solutions are designed and delivered consistent to corporate project management framework and standards
- Ensure Supply Chain Planning service operations (run) meet agreed expectations and orchestrate all internal and external providers and report progression of the projects.
- Proactively seek opportunities to streamline and simplify the systems environment through platform adoption, system rationalization, effective data management, etc.
- Identify and evaluate potential digital & technology solutions to high-priority business challenges; selects, designs and delivers effective solutions accordingly
- Drive technology modernization, digitalization and application rationalization efforts with an eye on continuous improvements. Support scale-up of good practices and solutions across sites.
- Effectively balance the unique needs of supported functions with the corporate objective to globalize and standardize technologies and processes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders of strategic vendors, service providers and other external collaborators
- Manage team's activities within established budget, and continuously seek opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining agreed service levels and performance targets
- Provide sufficient SAP knowledge and expertise in the area of Supply Chain Planning
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Solid experience in business partnering around strategic planning, investments and service delivery
- Profound SAP knowledge and experience (incl. hands-on) in a large enterprise in the area of Supply Chain Planning ideally with SAP IBP and SAP APO
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the following end to end business processes: Demand Planning, S&OP, Supply Planning (DRP, MRP, MPS), Production Planning, Production Scheduling
- Strong leadership skills in managing and collaborating with business, IT partners and external service providers as well managing direct reports
- Demonstrated out-of-the-box thinking and drive for innovation. Not afraid of being disruptive at a global scale.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Graduate degree in relevant field is desired
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology (SAP, JD Edwards)
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Prior experience working with and managing third party service providers preferred
- A firm grasp of industry and digital supply chain trends (ML/AI, RPA, digital twins, blockchain etc)
- Understand current and emerging technologies and their potential application and translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs and implementation roadmaps
- Proven competences in stakeholder alignment, business need analysis, customer focus and result focus, delivery and people management.
- Experience directly & routinely interacting with a business unit's Senior Executives and/or VPs
Job ID R0014037