IT Lead - Products Tracking and Serialization
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
IT Lead - Products Tracking and SerializationApply Now
The Product Tracking & Serialization IT Lead is the primary global IT point of contact as it relates to Packaging IT solutions, Product identification, serialization, traceability and anti-counterfeiting. He operates as a key IT partner promoting IT services and capabilities for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery and relationship management.
- Partners with the UPI/Serialization Project lead, Engineering teams, ERP Product Management IT team and Plants IT teams to understand current and future needs in the packaging technology environment in order to identify opportunities and deliver IT solutions. Serve as the lead role in enabling manufacturing and engineering organizations to achieve their objectives through the effective use of IT technology in the area of Product Serialization and Packaging.
- Responsible for the proposal, analysis and detail design activities on cornerstone/enterprise or large Packaging IT projects. Identify, evaluate, develop and/or redesign systems and procedures that meet user requirements. Responsible for cross functional/business integration testing. Assist business customers with business process redesign on large projects.
- Leads internal and external teams of all sizes. Provide leadership by assisting the business in identifying and responding to opportunities for cost-effective system implementations and solutions. Analyze and make decisions that have cross-functional business impact.
- Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding IT requests, projects and initiatives. Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate extensive business and technical knowledge, require minimal direction, give moderate direction to others, handle to the implementation and maintenance of Unique Product Identifier (UPI) solutions incl. SAP (SAP Aii/OER/ATTP/ICH and interfaces to several IT solutions (Systech, Tracelink).
- Act as the key liaison between the Mfg/Engineering community, the SAP/ERP Product Management IT organization and other IT teams.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with strategic vendors, service providers and other external collaborators to improve productivity, consolidate vendors.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities.
- Identify, analyze, propose, generate and document innovative solutions to address unmet business needs or solve complex/difficult or problems. Understand broader business impact and identify solutions. Make decisions that have a cross-functional or business impact and analyze financial impact. Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and submission of business cases.
- Gather, understand and document business objectives, specifications and requirements on enterprise/cornerstone and/or large size projects.
- Accountable for understanding interdependencies of systems for multiple businesses or functions.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of global solutions incl. global solution design, build, deployment and support in the area of Product Tracking & Serialization
- Responsible for cross functional/ business integration testing and User training on site or remotely with experts
- Understand and follow appropriate SDLC, quality validation processes and application processes.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Provide global 24x7x365 support on applications supported within the organization.
- Communicate status, solutions and concerns. Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions. Establish, maintain and develop relationships within the business or function. Deliver presentations, facilitate and address issues at all levels of management.
- Provide input into annual IT budget for respective functional areas.
- Lead the team of Tracking & Serialization IT expert towards target, develop talent and drive succession planning.
- Drive operational excellence, simplification, new ways of working, methods (e.g. Agile, DevOps, user experience) to increase the value impact on business.
- Maintain up-to-date expertise in serialization, track and trace, manufacturing performance and the developments for this legal requirements and potential uses of this information for supply chain
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Expert in Serialization/Product Track & Trace solutions (SAP ATTP, Tracelink)
- Passion for optimizing the customer / end-user experience
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of interdependencies that impact the organization
- Strong collaboration skills and experience in people management and skills development
- Experienced in current and emerging technologies and their potential application and translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs and implementation roadmaps.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers.
- Versed in Risk management possessing ability to identify, analyze, track, manage and resolve risks issues that impact project
- Demonstrated success in the areas of IT Business Partnership & Relationship Management, Value Realization, IT Vendor Management/Governance
- Proven experience in IT Project/Program Management
- Experience maximizing the impact for the organization including technologies within the area of emerging technology, digital, data and analytics
- Experience with full software development life cycle in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and other data privacy, computer system validation, a plus)
Education, Behavioural Competencies And Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, Business or related subject matter.
- Minimum 10 years of information management and/or related work experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience and large expertise in product serialization, track and trace solutions and related (SAP Aii/OER/ATTP, Tracelink and SAP ICH Cloud-Solutions)
- Work experience with business processes for warehouse management, exception handling, packaging and partnering with business area leaders to plan, to advise on and to implement projects
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical industry requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English), business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to engage effectively with colleagues and senior business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (English written and verbal) with ability to listen and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with large IT projects from start to end
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Travel Requirements – Ability to travel up to 20%, internationally as required
Job ID R0016550