International Benefits Manager
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
International Benefits ManagerApply Now
- Supports the Head of International Benefits by executing all aspects of the annual benefits process including health and welfare, retirement (pension ), vacation and holidays, and ancillary benefits for the international region (all countries except for US and Japan)
- Supports team with providing data needed to develop benefits recommendations for job offers extended within specific functions or countries
- Works with the Head of International Benefits to support the development, implementation and administration of benefits programs for the international region (all countries except US and Japan) including health and welfare, retirement, and wellness programs
- Conducts regular analysis to monitor the on-going effectiveness of benefits programs to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity are maintained. Shares recommendations regarding changes to existing programs to Head of International Benefits
- Ensures recommendations are aligned to Takeda’s compensation pay philosophy
- Works closely with the HR Business Partners to support them with their benefits needs/issues. Escalates issues, when necessary, to identify a solution
- Regularly monitors local works council, labor union, and acquired rights requirements to ensure company adherence to local laws
- Provides assistance on one-off benefits projects
- Serves as benefits liaison for HR Business Partners on benefits programs, objectives and procedures and philosophy
- Conducts market data analysis, as necessary to ensure benefits are market competitive within region
- Responsible for completion of benefits survey participation materials
- Monitors benefits data in systems to ensure consistency and accuracy for Takeda benefits programs
- Monitors compliance with local country laws governing benefits practices
- Serves as main point of contact for day-to-day questions for HR benefits management for the international region during the annual benefits planning processes including system modifications and updates, and communications
- Ensures consistent, equitable and market competitive benefits treatment of employees is maintained utilizing market analysis, surveys and benchmark information, while remaining consistent with company Global Benefits philosophy
- Makes recommendations for corrective or alternative actions to resolve benefits-related issues
- Conducts internal and external research and analysis to design, develop and/or modify benefits programs. Develops recommendations and supporting materials related to benefits programs
- May develop and deliver communication and training to provide benefits guidance and tools to support leadership, managers, and employees
- Participates in special benefits or research projects as requested
- Partners with TBS to automate and make benefits administration more effective and efficient using technology
- Creates ad-hoc reports needed to make benefits decisions, as necessary
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- BS/BA, preferably in a business field
- Minimum of 3-4 years benefits, financial analyst or other analytical experience. Expert-skill level for Microsoft Office applications and HRIS and benefits related systems.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Knowledge of international (local country) laws pertaining to benefits; ability to find answers where there is a lack of knowledge
- Interpersonal/Influencing/Negotiating skills
- Independent, self-managed, and self-starter personality
Job ID R0022159