Insights Lead, Rare Metabolic Diseases
Zurich, Switzerland, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Insights Lead, Rare Metabolic DiseasesApply Now
Insights Lead, Rare Metabolic Diseases
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Insights Lead, Rare Metabolic Diseases in our Cambridge, MA or Zurich, Switzerland office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Insights Lead, Rare Metabolic Diseases working on the Global Market Insights team, you will be responsible for providing strategic business insights capabilities for the Rare Metabolic Diseases franchise, and a typical day will include:
This role will have a strong understanding of the brand/molecule/therapeutic area and will execute primary market research, competitive intelligence, forecasting, and data analytics, and synthesize findings into insights and recommendations for the global product team. As a partner to the brand, brings independent and strategic thinking to the team - supports and challenges where appropriate. This role will have an exciting mix of both inline and pipeline products.
10% Insight Generation and Leadership
- Provides insights leadership for the global brand team by being proactive and forward looking in identifying and designing insights projects
- Approaches insight generation holistically, leveraging full breadth of insights resources as well as through collaboration with cross-functional partners (e.g., marketing, medical, market access, etc.)
- Develops a comprehensive and integrated insights plan for budget year and 3-year planning period across market research, competitive intelligence, forecasting and data analytics
- Creates and actively updates a list of key unanswered business questions that informs insights planning
- For brand planning, develops a Situational Analysis by consolidating and synthesizing critical/ relevant insights from all available sources
- Partners with New Products Leads on market research and other insights initiatives on an as-needed basis
Designs and implements global market research projects and activities related to strategic decision support, and deliver high quality business insights, specifically:
- Responsible for execution of market research projects, including vendor selection and management, internal alignment and approvals (CMLR), utilization of new research methodologies and data sources (where appropriate), and presenting the final deliverables with the global and regional teams
- Translates market research information into strategic implications and provides recommendations to global brand team
- Ensures regional dissemination of market research results and implications
- Ensures incorporation of Regional needs in market research road-map
- Collaborates closely with the US and International teams to ensure no duplication of work
- Helps identify scenario planning and sensitivity development for risks and opportunities
Primary owner and driver of the global forecasts for responsible molecules and therapeutic areas:
- Will have a detailed working knowledge of the forecasting models and the ability to quickly make adjustments to the models and/or run scenarios to address business questions
- Develops a strong understanding of key levers within forecast and a working ability to adjust the forecast assumptions efficiently
- As needed, works independently or with a third-party to build new models or refine existing models to meet the business needs
- Partners closely with finance to develop NPV and related analyses
- Strong Excel skills are a must (VBA not required, but an asset)
Partners with global brand team to define and execute Competitive Intelligence:
- Works to ensure that competitive intelligence is collected, analyzed and appropriately disseminated to relevant stakeholders within the brand team/ franchise in a timely and continued basis
- Interprets global competitive intelligence and other relevant metrics for the global brand team, providing insights and recommendations (where appropriate)
- Maintains an updated perspective on current and future competition, including identification and evaluation of respective competition
- For brand planning, collaborates with CI lead (if applicable) and Brand teams to generate competitive landscape summary (e.g. for Situational Analysis)
- Leads CI task force on behalf of brand team (where appropriate), or any deep dive CI project
Provides ad hoc as well as regular analyses to the global product team to support ongoing business decisions and activities in the development/refinement of commercial tactics/ strategy for the brand/molecule/therapeutic area:
- Explore industry trends and emerging markets and presents their implications to PVPS and Product Teams
- Designs and consequently delivers reports to Global Commercial Team on Brand performance to ensure informed decisions; offers suggestions on action plans
10%Partnership and Collaboration
- Close collaboration with other Global Market Insights teams
- Works closely with Regional Insights teams and marketing to share knowledge and best practices
- Member of cross-franchise Functional best practice-work stream
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Health Sciences or related discipline / Business Administration / Economics / Marketing
- MBA/M.Sc./Pharm.D. an asset
- Consulting experience preferred
- Recommended 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. 3+ years of experience in forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence in an international/global capacity is preferred
- Experience of project management across a range of functions, seniority, and geography
- Business development and/or marketing experience is a plus
- Ability to influence and challenge the business decisions; Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Ability to lead projects on behalf of the Global Market Insights team
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as teamwork abilities
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Global mindset and high emotional intelligence
- Proactively anticipates solutions
- Defines assumptions, facts and strategic intent for the Product strategic plans
- Decide when market research analytics are best performed to ensure the broader matrix team can make the best decisions
- Provides implications to the business and forecasts around any major CI findings
- Designs KPIs for the franchise and interprets brand performance for stakeholders
International and domestic travel will be required. Travel will be ~10-20%.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0045762