Head of Region Europe (Oncology & External Supply Small Molecules Operating Unit)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Region Europe (Oncology & External Supply Small Molecules Operating Unit)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Head of Region Europe (Oncology & External Supply Small Molecules Operating Unit) in our Zurich office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Represent senior management at key meetings within Takeda, licensors, third party contractors, and regulatory agencies. Serve as lead or assign lead negotiator on operational contract negotiations
- Lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the region with direct responsibility for operations and partnership with the Head of Quality and functional business partners to ensure the successful delivery of business strategy, key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives
- Lead and manage the relationship with and performance of CMOs including the need to provide support/guidance for compliance, capacity and new product related projects/programs.
- Meet financial P&L targets for the company and ensure company value growth
- Develop annual business plans and monitor through periodic reviews
- Ensure efficient product supply into and out of the EU market to meet commercial strategies, goals and corporate commitments
- Develop and maintain a regional supply chain strategy for the EU that is aligned with the global supply chain vision and objectives and with the other regions in global Oncology and ES SM OpU.
- Develop plans and initiatives to balance product availability, improve supply chain risk and overall utilization
- Provide visibility to long-term supply situations and for escalation to global management
- Provide due diligence, operational and sourcing assessments of new compounds and potential in-licensing candidates
- Analyze product inventory plans including inventory levels, scrap, inventory purchases and consumption. Develop safety stock strategies for drug product and packaging (strategic and operational)
- Anticipate roadblocks, both intellectual and political, and proactively address issues before they impact business results
- Analyze and develop production and packaging supply strategies to support regulatory filings and proper balancing of production volumes, ensuring current and future requirements can be met in accordance with the global strategic plan
- Responsible for overseeing and approving scenario analysis that drive short and long range production plans
- Identify process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Assess business continuity preparedness within the region and participate on corporate initiative as developed
- Work cross functionally to understand short and long term requirements affecting commercial supply i.e. finance, commercial, development, clinical, etc
- Use expertise to influence strategy, planning, manufacturing and supply chain processes
- Establish a process for periodic review and dissemination of information that represents the health of the supply chain and performance against KPIs to key leaders and stakeholders
- Support site selection process to ensure consistency with commercial strategy
- Maintain senior level communication lines with all sources of demand and supply
- Review and approve business cases to support project prioritization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or management
- Graduate degree in pharmacy, chemistry or other relevant technical degree desired
- 15+ years pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience in at least two of the following cross-functional areas: manufacturing, engineering, product development, project management, quality or procurement
- 5+ years experience related to international operations and/or supply chain
- Strong understanding of cGMP
- Solid background in production, supply chain and regulatory requirements
- Experience in utility of outsourced goods and service providers
- Held a position in which the ability to influence senior executives was demonstrated, as well as sound creative skills to utilize both traditional and innovative solutions
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of product commercialization including product development, manufacturing, project management, supply chain management, operations, outsourcing and post commercialization technical support
- Must have experience managing teams for high performance. Must be able to present ideas with clarity, conviction and confidence. Must have a strong network among industry outsourcing/technical/business leaders.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0017687