Head of Network Strategy - Global Manufacturing & Supply
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Network Strategy - Global Manufacturing & SupplyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as the Head of Network Strategy – for our Global Manufacturing & Supply Division based in our Zurich office.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A Typical Day Will Include:
As the Head of Network Strategy working in the Global Manufacturing & Supply Team, you will be empowered to be a core member of the Global Leadership Team. The key objectives of this role is to be responsible for developing and ensuring Network Strategy for fully integrated Global Supply Network, Covering API, Solid Dose, Plasma, Biologics, Gene Therapy, Aseptic Filling, Packaging and Distribution/Logistics. Responsible for producing and maintaining statements of capacity for internal and external supply networks. The role is responsible for extensive financial analysis to support strategic capacity investments, and other decision analytics in support of product portfolio, as well as assessment of network economics. The incumbent will also work with commercial in establishing effective market access strategies that concern localization of supply, Public-Private Partnerships and other strategic or joint ventures.
- Responsible to design, build and ensure implementation of aggregate network strategy for global supply organization.
- Responsible to build effective relationships with R&D/Pharm Science and Commercial to ensure effective foresight to commercial and R&D demands for manufacturing are captured, assessed and acted upon.
- Responsible to implement and maintain effective long-range planning process which will capture necessary inputs to allow for sound network capacity planning, capital planning, and network economics. Enterprise prioritization schemes are critical for success. Effective process linkages to Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manufacturing Sciences, and Product Operations are key for Chemistry Manufacturing & Control (CMC) lifecycle management concerns.
- Responsible to lead Manufacturing Strategy Committee to manage enterprise make versus buy process and govern sourcing decisions.
- Responsible to interact with Commercial Product Strategy team and Commercial Operations/Business units to develop partnerships which allow for effective strategic planning for Takeda. Integrating evolving Clinical and Commercial demand to allow for interpretation to supply plans
- Responsible to partner with Supply Chain, Operating Units and Manufacturing Regions to ensure effective allocation strategies align with Network strategy.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining statements of capacity for internal and external supply networks. Comprehensive capacity analytics to support long range product planning and network planning.
- Drives analytics in support of product portfolio rationalization, network economic assessments, etc. Owns financial analysis that supports strategic capacity investments and other decision analytics in support of product portfolio.
- Assess network economics, options analysis and risk assessments in support of proposals.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Must be familiar with all current bio/pharmaceutical technologies and aware of developing manufacturing technologies and their application in supply networks.
- Continuously displays and drives behaviors consistent with Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- Values – Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Perseverance (Takeda-ism)
- Priorities – Patients, Trust, Reputation, Business
- Provides leadership, integrity, team orientation, flexibility, and innovation experience in projects that require collaborative approaches, strong analytical skills and has a solid understanding of business issues and processes
- Strategic Thinking: Develops and implement strategies, policies and tactics. Coordinates multiple and changing priorities rapidly and effectively with a continued focus on achieving outcomes.
- Communication: Manages within a matrixed organization and effectively influences and participates in teams at all levels of management. Communicates and prepares reports and presentations for senior levels of leadership, including management reviews.
- Must be able to influence commercial thinking and be the one voice of the Supply Organization on the appropriate Product Lifecycle.
- Enterprise level thinking is critical.
- Excellent manager of people and builder of talent.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Role requires influencing, negotiation, problem solving and decision making.
- Role required to translate multiple demands, trouble shoot quickly and effectively, and develop comprehensive analyses, plans and risk assessments that will satisfy business needs, and multi-functional demands
- Primary interaction within GMS is GMSLT.
- Primary interaction outside GMS is Pharm Sci LT, Country Managers.
- Role requires on-going improvement to network strategic planning processes. Role requires current knowledge of technology trends and applicability to Takeda supply network plans.
- Role requires ability to rapidly understand complex business and technical issues and multi-option scenarios to build effective analyses and reports to mitigate risk and accurate statements of capacity for internal and external supply networks.
- Role deals with multiple known and developing manufacturing technologies, must stay current on industry trends in technology, capacity, and markets access/PPP considerations
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or biological sciences/pharmacy and
- MBA or similar advance degree.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry required
- Previous experience with design and executing network studies for multi-site, global pharmaceutical network.
- Previous experience with make versus buy decision making
- Previous experience with supply chain planning and enterprise level capacity planning processes.
- Previous experience in global function roles.
- Previous experience with supply side market access strategies.
- Proven success with financial analysis responsibility
- Demonstrated application of advanced planning skills.
- Previous experience in directly working with cross functional teams at a plant or corporate support function level, with direct and regular interaction across functions:
- Product Operations
- Supply Chain
- Site Production Planning Engineering
- Preferably knowledge/experience across various pharmaceutical production processes such as; Solid dosage, small molecules, API, Plasma purification, cell and gene therapy
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- Ability to travel approximately 50% (please update) of the time
- Must have English fluency and other language skills advantageous
Empowering Our People to Shine
Job ID R0008564