Head of HR - Zurich site
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head of HR - Zurich siteApply Now
Role and Responsibilities
- The Zurich office is the headquarters for the Europe and Canada (EUCAN) Business Unit, the Global Manufacturing and Supply chain organization and the Global Ethics and Compliance function. In addition, regional teams from Research and Development, Global Finance, Vaccines Business Unit and Oncology Business Unit, Plasma Derived Therapies, PVPS and several other Global Corporate Functions are also based in this location.
- The Head of HR Takeda Pharmaceuticals International – Zurich (TPIZ) is responsible for creating an exceptional employee experience for over 1,000 employees across 18 different functions and positioning Takeda as the employer of choice within the swiss market. The role holder will exemplify and reinforce strategic enterprise thinking through cross-functional collaboration and actively promote this culture in the whole TPIZ organization.
- This is a senior HR leadership role. As a member of the Executive Committee and Head of the Site Committee, the Head of HR TPIZ which will drive organizational success through effective policies, processes, pay and benefits, terms and conditions that attract, engage and retain top talent; common approaches to managing the employee performance cycle; and implementation of programs that support engagement and wellbeing.
- The role holder will manage an onsite team responsible for employee relations, liaison with employee representative bodies, in-person orientation, diversity and inclusion, local benefits, community outreach programs and development and rollout of the annual HR Calendar for Switzerland. He/she is also responsible for the Shared Service team for all transactional and administrative HR activities, including payroll and benefits. This service is also provided for the Swiss LOC.
- As a Team leader, the Head of HR manages the HR processes for the HR team (e.g. performance appraisal, bonus calculations, salary reviews etc.), and ensures an effective team development with the ambition to service the organization at a consistent and professional level.
- The Head of HR acts as an ambassador for Takeda and represents the organization to the Swiss authorities on HR policies and practices affecting the entire population in Switzerland, including work permits and visas for Takeda employees, workforce plans.
HR Strategy and Management
- Responsible for execution of HR strategies and projects aligned with Global HRBP’s, HR Centers of Expertise and local HRBP’s. Ensures commitment and ownership of strategy by all HR teams present in TPIZ.
- Understands the overall business objectives of Takeda’s strategy and ensures HR programs and policies are delivered to support achievement of global and regional goals – this requires an alignment and translation of regional and global HR strategies into local needs
- Ensures effective systems for induction, compensation & benefits, career and succession planning, employee relations and personnel administration in close cooperation with HR Centers of Expertise
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters Degree or equivalent required
- 7-10 years experience as HRBP, HR generalist & employee relations.
- Experience of working with senior leaders, coaching, negotiating, influencing strategic issues and agendas.
- Strong experience of working with commercial teams required.
- Proven track record in successfully building and leading teams and working in global matrix organizations.
- Solid working knowledge of regional legislation & cultural practice
- Proven track record of leading HR in fast moving, dynamic environments.
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed organization and partnering with multiple business leaders and HR business partners to perform work.
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of HR including but not restricted to total rewards, talent management, recruitment, employee relations, change management and organizational effectiveness.
- Must be comfortable working in an English speaking business environment. Fluency in German is a must
Job ID R0014781