Head of Business Excellence - Engineering
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Business Excellence - EngineeringApply Now
- The Head of Business Operations and Excellence, Engineering will provide business operations support to the global engineering function and will interact cross functionally with Business Operations and Excellence leaders throughout GMS
- The incumbent will represent Global Engineering (GE) in critical integration and/or harmonization activities across Takeda; develop and implement communications and engagement strategies for the Global Engineering community including support to the Head of Global Engineering and the Engineering Leadership team
- The incumbent will collaborate with various teams to track and report on Global Engineering performance delivery and results, and consolidation of information from sub-functions that are relevant to run the business, innovate the business and grow the business
- Coordinate annual Strategic and Goal Setting Planning Process for Engineering and support goal tracking, engineering KPIs/dashboards and decision making
- Plan and execute Engineering governance model and deliverables
- Planning and facilitation of various Global engineering events include GE-LT meetings, Center, Regional and Operating Units events and meetings
- Represents Global Engineering, provides leadership, sponsors internal cross functional teams and communicates broadly to Global Engineering leadership in major integration, harmonization or operational efficiency programes such as but not limited to:
- AGILE 4.0 Core team
- QMS Integration
- Engineering Documentation Harmonization
- Global Training Program
- Member of the Business Excellence Network
- Support GE budgeting process in the MRP and LRP and coordinates with Finance to track and communicate operational expenses
- Track, coordinate and issue key GE reports including GMSGQ monthly, budgets, personnel related activities
- Provides approximately 25% support to Head Global Engineering.
- Provides approximately 50% support to Op Us and Regional Engineering Heads with tracking, coordinating and issuance of key performance reports for engineering at the site and region levels
- Provides 25% support to center functions within Global Engineering with facilitation and coordination of center to region and site engineering activities to drive harmonization, alignment and facilitates decision making process
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Science, Engineering and Business (Dipl. Ing./M.Sc./B.Sc.) or equivalent
- > 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record in manufacturing is a must
- Leadership experience in international environment and proven management of people, process and systems
- Expert in business and operational excellence management with ‘chief of staff’ capabilities
- Good understanding of production processes as well as company processes/systems
- Experience in similar positions with a proven track record
- Languages: Fluent English, both spoken and written; others helpful
Job ID R0014841