Head Digital Transformation and TBS IT
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head Digital Transformation and TBS ITApply Now
The Head Digital Transformation and TBS IT is the primary Business Partner for TBS (Takeda Business Solutions) and is accountable for driving digital transformation across Corporate IT. The role will report to the Global Head of Corporate IT. The Head will participate as a member of the management team and partners with the business to lead IT into digital transformations.
- Drive and lead the overall Digital Technology strategy and agenda for Corporate by aligning and focusing sub-domain strategies from all other Corporate functions to deliver Digital at scale.
- Deliver outcomes that differentiate Corporate from peers in the market. Shape a portfolio of digital projects and scale-up activities and orchestrate all IT plans & efforts to completion on time and to successful conclusions.
- Drive innovation by prioritizing, developing and implementing new digital technology capabilities for Corporate with value-adding scalable use cases (transform technology)
- Lead the development and execution of an overall data strategy in close collaboration with the Data leaders from Corporate and Data Analytics experts in the organization (transform data)
- Lead the digital skills and competency development of Corporate IT associates to ensure the organization is ready for the future (transform people)
- Drive new ways of working by leveraging the implementation of new digital products (e.g. DevOps – transform the way we work)
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the TBS organization from IT, aligning IT’s strategy to business outcomes and accountable for program delivery.
- Drive and lead the overall Digital Strategy and Digital agenda for Corporate IT. Orchestrate all digital efforts within Corporate IT and aligns the digital agenda and integration with new capabilities and methods.
- Manage the spend and value targets for Digital in Corporate and track the monthly performance and report progress.
- Partner with all Corporate businesses and the digital community to orchestrate and align the digital agenda to drive global standardization and adoption to achieve the biggest overall impact
- Ensure effective and overall data strategy in collaboration and alignment with CTO and our digital business leaders.
- Stimulate and promotes new digital capabilities to upskill the current workforce of leaders and functional teams in Corporate in close collaboration with our digital leadership and CTO by providing measured approaches taken learning and change management into account.
- Challenge and support solution delivery teams in technology evaluation & selection
- Communicate with Corporate IT leads to identify opportunities for utilization and collaboration.
- Act as the single point of contact for the TBS function and in Corporate IT and is the person to go to in case of digital developments, adaptations, used cases, and implementation.
- Identify opportunities by benchmarking, driving the bigger and connecting domain specific strategies and use cases across Corporate IT.
- Explore the ecosystem (internal, external) and inject new insights for Digital specific use cases.
- Build and manage a strong network internally and externally with strategic and manufacturing vertical specific software and other technology partners with strong cloud, digital, AI, cybersecurity and analytics capabilities.
- Set and assess performance management objectives for direct reports and oversee this process for the Corporate IT teams
- Create a culture of agility, elite performance, and innovation within global CoEs
EDUCATION AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Graduate degree in relevant field is desired
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, 3+ yrs strong focus on Digital
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Proven competences in innovation, strategic or visionary thinking, agile methodologies, and people management
- Proven competences in stakeholder alignment, business need analysis, customer focus, and result focus, delivery and people management.
- Understand digital technologies and their potential application and translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs, and implementation roadmaps
- Prior experience working with and managing third-party service providers preferred
- Experience directly & routinely interacting with a business unit's Senior Executives and/or VPs
- Strategic Thinking, Innovator
- Customer Focus
- Results Focus
- Stakeholder Alignment
- Business Needs Analysis
Preferred: In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical, SOX, EMA, IT best practices, FDA Guidance Experience in Pharmaceutical industry
Job ID R0019090