Global Safety Associate Director
Zurich, Switzerland, Lexington, Massachusetts
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Safety Associate DirectorApply Now
Overview of position:
- Provides Support on Safety issues to Regional/OpU leads and other stakeholders.
- Develops Safety Standards, tools and requirements.
- Executes the High Hazard and Contractor Safety Programs.
- Provides technical support on Safety matters to Takeda operating sites
The key accountabilities of the Lead role in Global Safety include but are not limited to :
- Support the EHS business partner and provide Safety technical advice for the Engineering partnership. This includes collaborating on various Engineering initiatives to ensure alignment with EHS objectives and strategy.
- Manage the Serious Injury and fatality (SIF) Program with the Regional/Operational Business Unit(OpU) leads to ensure consistent global implementation and drive engagement with and reporting of potential Serious Events.
- Identify Organizational issues and underlying causes to make judgements; develop and recommend viable alternatives that support the EHS strategy.
- Provide support to the Regional/OpU EHS Heads for any issues related to High Hazard Programs, Process or Contractor Safety.
- Develop safety standards, tools, and guidelines to help Takeda meet global EHS regulatory requirements.
Dimensions and Aspects of the position :
- Experience leading EHS for multiple locations, ensuring compliance with Safety requirements in multiple countries.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical manufacturing or other High Hazard industry.
- Ability to assess and interpret risk impacts.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple ongoing tasks, and to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
Ability to identify organizational issues and underlying causes to make judgments; develop and recommend viable alternatives that support the EHS strategy; create new models or systems to apply to problems or opportunities.
- ability to develop and implement appropriate programs, policies and procedures for global implementation.
- Ability to develop and report key performance indicators on EHS program implementation.
- Ability to summarize and report compliance status, strengths and priority issues, and recommendations for various levels of management and ensure the implementation of corrective actions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate Safety requirements and influence business partners outside EHS on the resources needed to maintain compliance.
- Confidence to make decisions based on the information available to ensure compliance with Safety requirements and protect the company reputation.
- Ability to provide Safety recommendations to business partners based on experience and regulatory knowledge and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, regulatory agencies and stakeholders.
- Ability to actively listen, build/maintain effective working relationships with internal/external colleagues/resources, and resolve conflict.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulatory Safety requirements and have a process in place to monitor new regulatory requirements and stay up to date on the latest innovations in Safety Management.
- Ability to work independently, meet requirements and deadlines from multiple stakeholders and execute tasks strategically in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Behavioural Competencies and Skills:
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, EHS, or other science related subjects.
- Position requires 10+ years experience in EHS, and 5+ years experience in the pharmaceutical and/or chemical industries in manufacturing/R&D environments.
- Demonstrated technically advanced skills and experience of safety management systems and occupational safety.
- Experience and knowledge of Process Safety Management would be beneficial.
- English fluent in speaking and writing, command of additional languages advantageous.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately using oral and written communications with different levels of management.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Travel required (approximately 30 – 50%.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of normal 8 hour workday.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0040152