Global Head of Environmental Sustainability
Zurich, Switzerland, Boston, Massachusetts
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Head of Environmental SustainabilityApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Head of Environmental Sustainability in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- At the direction of Takeda’s Coporate EHS (cEHS) Leadership team, develop and oversee Takeda’s environmental sustainability strategy, including mid- and long-term environmental sustainability goals for climate change, water stewardship, waste minimization and management, biodiversity, environmental impact of Takeda’s products and services, etc.
- Lead effective implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Program
- Communicate and coordinate sustainability initiatives and goals with executive leadership, employees, external stakeholders and customers
- Subject Matter Expert for environmental sustainability principles, programs, processess, internal and external reporting and communications
- At the direction of Takeda’s cEHS Leadership Team, develops and/or executes strategies to address material environmental sustainability issues such as GHGs, energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste minimization, employee engagement, education, etc.
- Works with executive leaders to influence/establish Sustainability Program architecture, governance and maturity models
- Develops and implements organizational sustainability policies, processes or practices and associated technical standards, position papers, and training plans/content
- Identifies new or emerging environmental sustainability trends, issues, and opportunities that are material to Takeda’s operations and develops recommended modifications to the Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
- Leads implementation of program governance for carbon neutrality, water stewardship, energy, resource conservation, waste and other environmental sustainability efforts
- Organizes and promotes stakeholder engagement and supports sustainability work stream leaders to facilitate the achievement of goals
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of sustainability programs. Identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
- In partnership with Corporate Communications and others, develops sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for employees, suppliers, media, government, public interest, and/or other stakeholders
- Contributes to, and reviews content associated with, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Leads/supervises cEHS Sustainability Team members
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in life sciences, engineering, or similar field; 10+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry; previous experience leading teams across multiple locations; experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, regulatory agencies and vendors; previous experience in program management and demonstrated application of environment, health and safety practices.
- Core Competency model (minimum): Engage Others (Critical), Collaboration (Critical), Drive for results (Critical), Strategic Approach (Critical), Lead Change (Critical), Self-Awareness (Important) , Develop Capabilities (critical),
- Leadership Behaviours: Strategic enterprise thinking (importantl), Creates the environment that inspires (critical),
- Focuses on the few priorities (important) , Elevates the capabilities (critical)
- Desired: Industry environment certifications and international experience desired
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0020616