Global Distribution Manager Specialty Products
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Global Distribution Manager Specialty ProductsApply Now
- The primary responsibility of the position is to manage the global distribution operations of the specialty finished products portfolio (Oncology and Biologics).
- This position is accountable for the partner management of the global distribution centre service provider and is key to ensure the end to end coordination of the supply chain actors of specialty products from the launch to the delivery to customer. It is the point of contact towards the Global Procurement, QA GDP, Supply chain coordination and the launch teams, Business units and Plants.
End to end accountability of the global distribution of the finished specialty product portfolio including the management of the global distribution center and the stakeholder management linked to that area of responsibility.
Tactical and Monitoring tasks:
- Ensure and manage continuous improvement of a high Customer Service Level and cost effective distribution network towards LOCs
- Actively participate to Global Distribution and Logistics strategy deployment
- Define, implement and maintain policies within functional area of expertise and promote usage of Distribution best practice tools and harmonized processes
- Act as key point of contact towards key stakeholders (LOCs, manufacturing units, QA, Distributors, import/export administrations)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to actively identify, scope and lead strategic and tactical distribution network optimization initiatives
- Own, define and deliver budget in area of responsibility on agreed targets (running costs and projects related costs)
- Monitor and review Logistics Service Providers charged invoices; track costs inconsistencies and opportunities
- Acquire and maintain understanding of technology trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology as it applies to distribution and logistics (such as Cost to Serve, tracking/tracing, last mile visibility, etc.)
- Act as key contact for the logistical launch and the definition of new lanes in alignment with launch teams and GDP quality
- Ensure appropriate packaging solution determination aiming for product security, cost-efficiency and reduced CO2 emissions including the selection of new transport solutions adapted to the specialty portfolio constraints
- Act as functional expert in global / regional / local specialty product logistics matters
- Organize and manage regular Business Performance reviews of outsourced Logistics Service Providers (Regional DC Arvato) including ad hoc internal stakeholders in the countries
- Monitor and report monthly Key Performance Indicators within area of responsibility
- Actively participate to sourcing, partner selections with Procurement and Legal
- Participate to S&OP meetings when relevant
- Support QA teams in Deviations management, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Change Requests and other QA investigations
- Runs daily operations out of the DC Arvato in all the aspects (including but not limited to replenishment, delivery creation and closing, inventory updates and counting…)
- Monitor Interfaces IN/OUT
- Strive for efficiency and quality by design
- Ensure compliance to international applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance to internal procedures (finance, quality, J-sox,…)
Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Relevant master degree in Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management including distribution and
transportation at global scale, import / export constrains, customs and trade compliance
- In-depth comprehension of the different Supply Chain Management techniques
- Good understanding of distribution models and their impact on Tax, finance, legal
- Good understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry business and regulatory practices
- Good Distribution Practice Guidelines know how
- Proven records of project management with regional/global impact
- Knowledge and experience of the European third-party logistics market
- Written and oral fluency in English
- End to end value chain experience is a plus
- Global distribution experience is a plus (LATAM, NORAM, ASIA and Europe)
- Cold chain products management experience is a plus
- Business oriented decision maker with good management and analytical skills
- Ability to develop and sustain in a transnational organisation.
- Professional working relationships capabilities with internal or external partners
- Strong strategy and project lead/ execution skills
- Good collaboration and coordination skills
- SAP and Microsoft Excel advanced capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve complex challenges and problems in a structured way
- Experience from improving business practices/working procedures
- Result oriented, motivated, flexible and proactive
- Holistic view
- Strong ethics and integrity
All candidates must hold a Swiss work permit or European passport
Job ID R0006930