Global Director, Head of Network Sourcing
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Director, Head of Network SourcingApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Global Head of Network Sourcing in our Zurich office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Analyze external/internal business environment which will impact on any GMS activities and foresee a full picture of the GMS network
- Identify opportunities and risks/challenges for short/mid/long terms and develop strategic focus areas of GMS through dialog with GMS LT members, associated critical business functions, and any other relevant functions globally
- Provides framework and process for the development of the sourcing strategy for GMS LT
- Accountable for developing and regularly refining GMS strategic sourcing focus areas such as make versus buy, network optimization, and multiple sourcing strategies
- Ensure consistency of sourcing decisions with Network and Sourcing Guiding Principles
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve the sourcing process and MSC meeting process
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve the Global Operating procedures that define the sourcing process and business case standards
- Ensure the sourcing case submissions are of a high and consistent quality
- Maintain proper schedule of meetings and ensure yearly sourcing cycle is well aligned with the MRP. Sourcing map to be produced via the annual MRP with input from this role
- Partner across GMS LT and associated functions to ensure overall sourcing flows and demands are understood and incorporated into relevant associated plans (Resource, Capital, Regulatory, etc)
- Strong partnership with Product Operations, Manufacturing Sciences, and Pharmaceutical Sciences is key to ensuring smooth progress of pipeline products and seamless transition from clinical to commercial supply.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
B.S. in engineering or biological sciences/pharmacy and an MBA or advance degree. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, or associated industry required with prior financial analysis responsibility. Demonstrated application of advanced planning skills critical. Previous experience in directly working with cross functional teams at a plant or corporate support function level, with direct and regular interaction across functions: Commercial, R&D, Product Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Site Production Planning Engineering, etc.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and supply chain with knowledge of drug development process preferred.
- Demonstrated enterprise/strategic thinking, strong analytical skills, creativity and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships and external relationships through good communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information and distil critical customer driven insights to develop manufacturing and supply sourcing strategy
- Demonstrated ability to bring strategy and analysis to a practical level, initiate projects and drive to completion.
- Ability to rebalance priorities on a regular basis and assume responsibility in a multi-tasking environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and able to work independently.
- Language: English for business communication is essential
Desired:. Prior experience in developing and executing network strategies. Prior working interaction with Commercial Country management. Deep change management capability.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0017877