Global Customs & Trade Compliance Lead - EU, ICMEA, APAC
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Global Customs & Trade Compliance Lead - EU, ICMEA, APACApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Customs & Trade Compliance Lead (EU, ICMEA, APAC) in our Zurich office.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Create and Manage Import and Export Compliance Process
- Define regional requirements, technical objectives, reporting and priorities for importing and/or exporting production sites and LOCs in line with Takeda global customs and trade compliance (GCTC) standards & regionals laws & regulations.
- Maintain localized policies and procedures for compliance with import and export regulations as well as ensuring broad company awareness of these requirements.
- Proactively identifying CTC gaps by performing risk assessment, defining and maintaining internal controls to ensure that all sites and LOCs are compliant with national customs and trade regulations.
- Stay abreast of new, amended, or proposed regulatory activities to determine business impact, implement necessary program modifications and effectively communicate throughout the regional organization
- Ensures recordkeeping requirements are met according to national CTC laws and regulations
- Develop and implement process to monitor and to maintain as required by national customs bonds, guarantees, permits and licenses.
- Support the supply chain setup of new lanes, product launches or source changes with CTC impact assessment and implementation.
- Act as key super user and SME on GTS SAP solution
- Acts as the technical subject matter expert and/or leverage internal network for legal requirements, investigation and complex technical trouble shooting that can have significant impact on the business.
- Respond to customs requests for information and other customs or other government agency enforcement issues in conjunction with local Legal and head GCTC manager.
- Support sites during the Takeda internal audit process: preparation, support during audit and for setting up and monitoring the completion of CAPA plan.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assess the need any authorizations, rulings and to ensure AEO and other certification and requirements are maintained through periodic validations,
- Maintain 3rd party compliance management( customs broker, freight forwarders, CMOs, etc) ;
- Accurate, up-to-date and complete GCTC Database management (classification, origin, and other relevant regulatory information, including periodical testing
- Develop CTC metrics and reporting.
- Monitor export control program including export sanction, restricted party escalation and resolution process..
- Manage and lead CTC network in defined regions
Duty Reduction and Business Support Opportunities:
- Ensures FTA rules are assessed and applied correctly
- Identify cost savings opportunities and measures to create long term value
Training and Communications:
- Develop and deliver training on GCTC GOP as appropriate
- Engage regional leaders in the customs and trade compliance agenda and foster a culture of integrity
- Communicates internally to the concerned sites, other internal and external stakeholders (such as Health authorities, customs, etc) that are impacted / involved in changes especially when having certification eg AEO and/or special authorizations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with national customs as well as with all other regulatory authorities to carry out company business
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0020235