Finance Lead (Global Manufacturing & Supply – TPIZ)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Finance Lead (Global Manufacturing & Supply – TPIZ)Apply Now
- As a member of the TPIZ SC committee recommend and support the implementation of new business flows. Prepare the monthly management report and quarterly report for the executive committee.
- Lead monthly closing and reporting process for GMS TPIZ tasks incl. Inventory Reconciliation, “standard to moving average” entry, review of the related HFM reporting, quarterly Inventory reserve coordination with plant finance and logistic managers.
- Set-up new SAP flows, manage and control master data settings. Ensure financial / data integrity (including management unit assignment of JE) and compliance with an effective and sustainable internal control framework. Owner of risk & control matrix and new US SOX implementation.
- Responsible for Inventory monitoring, reserves and annual physical inventory count in cooperation with plant controllers and contact to external auditors.
- Successfully leading GMS TPIZ Finance Team (2)
- Impact: Support of TPIZ principle business model.
- Operational Lead for GMS Finance TPIZ / TPI IB
- Lead & coordinate month-end closing process
- Ensures all inventory processes are properly and on-time executed (e.g. inventory reserves)
- Proper reporting and elimination of Intercompany Profits
- Ensures all relevant SOX controls are properly done and on time
- Point of contact for audit requires (statutory and SOX)
- Drive and lead cross functional projects
- Monthly management report (8 pages) and quarterly report for executive committee
- Owner of risk & control matrix and new US SOX implementation
- Responsibility of quarterly obsolescence process in cooperation with other plant controllers & demand managers within TPIZ
- Main contact for implementation of new supply chain flows within TPIZ
- Main contact for new supply chain flows related to Vaccines BU (complex)
- Member of supply chain committee including approver role for new product flows within TPIZ
- Responsible for annual physical inventory count in cooperation with plant controllers
- Contact for internal and external auditors
- Ad-hoc, involved in testing new SAP functions including documentation
- Involvement in Inter-company reconciliation in case it is related to inventory flows
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing accounting and principle set-up. Solid understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply chain through all process steps from raw material to finished goods.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting under IFRS and US-GAAP (SOX).
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Part of the TPIZ SC committee
- Managing a team of two
- Position will need to work closely and influence/guide with various GMS stakeholders / business – and finance partners.
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
- Position will be expected to work independently with limited oversight.
- Position will be expected to recommend execution of new principle flows and ERP set-up..
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Interacts wtih Senior GMS management, TPIZ management, TPIZ Statutory Finance Team, Tax and Transfer Pricing Team
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Position will require the ability to question the status quo and to come up with more efficient and effective ways to execute the related financial processes.
- Potential to support the GMS Finance Transformation process and overarching projects.
ComplexityComplex business and SAP system, master data matrix
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Master Degree in BA, Accounting or Finance and 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of principal set-up is a must
- Experience influencing Global business partners
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (need intellectual “curiosity”)
- Knowledge of Sox controls and GAAP accounting principles, especially manufacturing accounting
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus across Global cross functional teams and can interact with all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle), TM1 (Fit4Plan) and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) is a strong plus
This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the GMS Finance Lead TPIZ role.
Job ID R0017621