ERP Master Data Services Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
ERP Master Data Services LeadApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
- Manage in the delivery of comprehensive Master Data Management (MDM) services with a Service Excellence mindset focused on providing services and business partnership capabilities to Takeda internal business partners; Data Architecture and Modelling, Data Process Management, M&A activities, Data Literacy and Training
- Execute and influence in the development a best-in-class MDM Strategy at Takeda
- Expert and deliver data services within operational MDM deployments and continuous improvement initiatives
- Contribute to Takeda Business Solutions Team ensuring process consistency, relevant SLA’s and quality measurement are implemented across the End to End Data Lifecycle
- Manage execution capabilities in the delivery of MDM, aligned processes and governance regarding Service Excellence capabilities (Data Architecture and Modelling, Data Process Management, M&A activities, Data Literacy and Training)
- Contribute business partnership and technical capabilities to enable MDM solution implementations ensuring alignment to customer expectations
- Maintain technical ownership and assess capabilities in the core areas around data architecture and data modelling
- Engage with business partners to ensure clear governance and process ownership around master data domains, partnering with domain experts/owners in coordinating services and status tracking
- Manage a MDM Key User network to raise the organizational awareness of Master Data, Data literacy and to stimulate data improvements
- Influence, persuade and execute in the drive forward towards organizational maturity and use of MDM services based on business outcomes
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master Degree is desired
- More than 6 years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of IT related experience, which includes project team experience, business partnership experience and delivery of Data Architecture and Data Modelling capabilities
- DMAAI / Related MDM certifications / qualifications / memberships as a plus
- Experienced technology expert, relationship builder, change leader and problem-solver; demonstrated learner of current and emerging technologies
- Strong communications and influencing skills; ability to distill complex topics into actionable strategies
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships, including developing and implementing robust and innovative data related strategies and roadmaps
- Experience leveraging new technologies, or novel uses of existing technologies desired
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Ability to analyze a wider variety of data and derive actionable insights
- Training / Coaching experience and/or qualifications related to technology solutions as a plus
- International travel required, anticipate 20-30%
Job ID R0011498