Director Global Capital Project and Portfolio
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Director Global Capital Project and PortfolioApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
We are currently looking for a Director Global Capital Project and Portfolio for our Zurich site. This is an exciting opportunity having for main purpose :
- Project Portfolio Management and Oversight on Capital Execution across manufacturing sites
- Subject matter expert/coach in Project Management
- Site support in Capital planning
- Leadership of assigned major projects and programs as required
- Lead and drive the overall Annual CAPEX budget planning process (LRP, MRP & short term) and LV target setting process.
- Lead the Site Capex approval processes to ensure timely submission, review and approval of investments.
- Coordinate capital review steering committee meeting.
- Evaluate the proposed investments together with Subject Matter Experts and other functional personnel including finance and strategy to ensure the content is well presented and correct.
- Evaluate the investment costs presented to ensure they are in line with industry benchmarks and other similar investments that have previously been made.
- Lead and guide Site project teams in project evaluation and execution as required.
- Drive & track project execution at the site level and provide guidance as needed.
- Provide support, guidance and training to the site project managers and teams.
- Lead engineering collaboration between the OpU, Regions, and GE to deliver optimal and standardized CAPEX planning processes in Takeda.
- Oversee the Capital KPIs through the SPOT process.
- Lead and support other Engineering initiatives as requested by OpU head on an adhoc basis.
- Must be able to display in-depth knowledge and expertise in project portfolio management.
- Displays strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Can display analytical and conceptual thinking
- Has a deep and broad understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, regulatory environment, project management methodology and financial acumen
- An enterprise leader balancing and aligning goals and priorities to meet company objectives
- Ability to influence within the organization to drive decisions, alignment, and conflict resolution for complex cross-functional issues
- Being a mentor developing future leaders
- Displays and drives Takeda culture of Takeda-ism, PTRB, safety, and quality into the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Full accountability for decisions regarding capital portfolio management, organization capability and delivery of value to the business.
- Is able to easily engage with both internal and external stakeholders to drive performance and help deliver projects to cost and schedule.
- Collaborate across all technologies including Plasma, Biologics, API and Small Molecule within GMS to align on project management standard operating procedures.
- Works across Site teams to align and implement project development and execution of best practices.
- Is capable of identifying the latest trends in the industry.
- Is able to benchmark against peers in the industry
- Provides inputs for defining the innovation roadmap in GMS CQV strategies
- Ensures project management knowledge sharing across sites and GE functions for effective development of organizational capabilities.
- Manages with a matrix of reporting lines and across functional areas
- Provides leadership to drive project management methodology that spans multiple sites across different demographics.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent (mechanical / process / chemical or equivalent
- Languages: Business fluent proficiency in English & Local Language (written and oral),
- Experience: More than 12 years of experience in GMP manufacturing relevant to the specialist area of expertise.
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership experience
- Broad knowledge of project management methodology and capital portfolio mgt.
- High communication skills, analytical mindset, ability to work under pressure
- GxP/QA knowledge
- Innovative thinking
- Building relationships and teamwork
- Used to working in a complex global / matrix organization.
- Can establish and coordinate service contracts with external service providers
Additional desired Skills:
- Experience with data analysis
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry not limited to technical aspects only
- Regular travels to Takeda sites within the region and equipment and service providers. (Approx. 25% travel)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0039550