Data Science Lead Plasma
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Data Science Lead PlasmaApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Data Science Lead Plasma in our Office in Zurich, Switzerland.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As our Global Data Science Lead for the GMS Plasma Operational Units (OPU), your typical day will include:
- Drive design, execution and implementation of the overall GMS Data Science strategy for the GMS Plasma OPU
- Develop and own detailed GMS Plasma OPU scale-up and delivery execution road-map for data science and manages respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies
- Manage, gather and execute GMS Plasma OPU data science needs and execution of initiatives in collaboration with respective stakeholders and advises on the respective short and medium focus
- Ensure and establish Data Science capabilities GMS Plasma OPU by establishing expert Data Science capability on all levels of data analytics
- Provide the Data Science link across local, functional and global GMS OPU Data Science, IT, Engineering and GMS Plasma OPU.
- GMS Plasma OPU Data Science strategy implementation
- GMS Plasma OPU detailed scale-up and delivery execution road-map for data science:
Reviews data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with IT and GMSGQ business stakeholders. Advises on the respective prioritisation for short and medium focus.
- GMS Plasma OPU data science capabilities:
Review and establishes internal and external data science capabilities within GMS Plasma OPU. Ensures GMS Plasma OPU data science capabilities are enough to defined data scientist profile. Conducts and participates in technical interviews for data science capabilities. Executes and drives the data science training for GMS Plasma OPU in collaboration with GMSCI Data Science Training excellence.
- GMS Plasma OPU data science initiatives portfolio
- GMS Plasma OPU functional and cross-functional interdependencies for data science
- Ensures GMS Plasma OPU representation in GMSGQ data science community.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- University degree of science/business: Advanced degree is required (Master/MBA and/or PhD), e.g. in Engineering, Mathematics, IT or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management
- Experience in applying and executing Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Machine Learning algorithms, Respective programming knowledge
- Fluent in English
Digital & Data Science Skills:
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (CNN, SVM, LSTM, etc.).
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Prior experience of Biostatistics, stochastic modelling and decision trees is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control Expertise in Bayesian statistics:
- Experience in Density estimation
- Solid knowledge in Bayesian Hypothesis Testing,
- Solid knowledge in ANOVA and forecasting techniques (ARIMA, RMA, NARX)
- Expertise in Signal Processing, Control Systems, Mechatronics
- A firm grasp of industry, scientific and digital, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science trends and market conditions, to develop solutions enhance compliance and quality of life for patients
- Role requires partnership interface with GMS Plasma OPU providing the Data Science link towards IT, Engineering and GMS Plasma OPU.
- Provide patient-centred best in class GMS Data science for the GMS Plasma OPU, establishes data science talent and elevate organisational performance
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning algorithms, respective programming knowledge
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts and the other way
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute data science initiatives, analysis, machine learning
- High level project management skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0017409