Data Platform Lead (Platform Operations and Delivery) (EDB) - DAB
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Data Platform Lead (Platform Operations and Delivery) (EDB) - DABApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
Enterprise Data Backbone:
Enterprise Data Backbone - The Enterprise Data Backbone provides the most user-friendly real-time data for all our internal and external stakeholders, accessible through self-service tools.
We will transform the way we gather and use insights by integrating completely new types of data to better support our patient and others in the healthcare system. We will build capabilities to gather real world data outside of clinical trials in ways we have not been able to do so far.
We will make data more easily accessible across Takeda and find a way to share it so that we don’t keep re-inventing the wheel. We will push ourselves to think beyond our normal constructs of clinical trials or today's supply chains.
We will explore a future where we get data from all corners of the world – digital communities, wearable devices, social media, surveys, for a, consumer data combined with hospital, pharmacy and EMR data.
- The Data Platform Lead for “Platform Operations and Delivery”/Enterprise Data Backbone is an IT partner for the build and delivering of data platforms across the digital transformation/DAB program.
- Strategic Business Impact – The role is a key enabler for Takeda strategy to become a Data Driven Enterprise. By connecting with TET-1 and their data teams the Delivery lead will strategically align data, processes and technology to achieve faster time to market for life saving products
- Operational responsibility – the Data Platform Lead for (Platform Ops & Deliver) is responsible for leading the Data platforms and takes the responsibility of the quality and timeliness of customer project deliveries and internal research and development, which aim to enable Takeda to make better decisions that improve the quality and efficiency of care for patients
- Delivery Scalability –Oversee and influence the other Data Platform Engineer Leads, demand leads and solution architects to build and deliver data platforms and projects aligned with the new digital transformation/DAB Program.
- Big data Platform and Delivery services excellence – Oversee and lead and prioritize the Data platforms build to enable more optimized business outcomes by combining technical and business capabilities, lean processes, tool chains and platform
- Most importantly, serve as a platform lead and key architect
- Provide technical leadership to development team globally and ensure that the application delivered is high performing, scalable, resilient and stable
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Partner with multiple management teams and product/ops partners to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Utilize advanced knowledge of data management, system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of leadership experience working in an OLTP and a data warehousing environment
- Expertise in Big Data Platform Architecture and enterprise data
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills in deploying, leading and implementing successful projects
- Enterprise Data Visualization knowledge working with technologies such as QlikView, Informatica PowerBI, AWS and Redshift
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve every day and/or complex company issues
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; or relevant work experience
Job ID R0019600