Compensation Analyst, Europe & Canada
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Compensation Analyst, Europe & CanadaApply Now
The Total Rewards Analyst provides analytical support to the EUCAN Compensation team, as well as provides support to other global, regional or local Compensation initiatives.
Responsibilities (% of Time)
Job Function and Description
- Reviews market data, develops and proposes salary ranges, merit budgets countries and market prices individual roles, where needed.
- Reviews and updates salary benchmarking methodology, where needed.
- Supports the Annual Year End process for Europe and Canada.
- Supports the wider Compensation Team, for instance with grading of jobs in the EUCAN organization or review of local compensation requirements/challenges.
- Provide analytical compensation support for global programs & special projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in compensation, preferably globally or multiple regions
- Experience with benchmark data & tools from major pay benchmark providers
- Experience in the Life Science industry would be preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Total Reward/Compensation programs
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Strong MS Office Excel skills (pivot, formulas, etc)
- Experience in Workday is desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive/confidential information
Internal and External Contacts
- Internal Contacts: Compensation HR colleagues, Country HR colleagues
- External contacts: Total rewards consultants, Survey consultants
Job ID R0019537