Capital Program Lead – Cell & Gene Therapy
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Capital Program Lead – Cell & Gene TherapyApply Now
OBJECTIVES / PURPOSE
- Deliver a CAPEX investment portfolio of interdependent projects in the area of cell & gene therapy
- Ensure consistent deployment of best in class technologies
- Ensure transfer of lessons learnt between the projects
- Responsible for overall portfolio schedule & budget
- Provide regular management up-date and act as enabler for individual project teams
- Alofisel Investment Projects
- As member of the Global Engineering Team, the Capital Program Lead (CPL) provides guidance and support to assigned projects and leads larger scale CAPEX projects within the portfolio. The CPL reports to the Global Head of CAPEX Project Management and will support both the project teams as well as the Global Engineering Team to drive business performance consistent with the TAKEDA´s core values of Patient – Trust – Reputation – Business.
- The CPL is responsible for the implementation of good project management practices and proper control of the overall portfolio and will lead as fully responsible project manager specific, complex capital projects as needed.
- The CPL is responsible to ensure a harmonized project execution and exchange of “lessons learnt” across all individual projects which are in scope of the portfolio.
- The CPL demonstrate innovation by implementation of state of the art technical solutions to ensure compliance with internal and external quality, safety and ecology standards.
- The CPL will liaise with external project management / engineering service providers to ensure proper staffing options for capital investments.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Sound Project Management expertise, including change management and contract management
- In depth technical expertise in GMP environment
- Experience in large and complex projects as well as both formal and informal leadership / coordination
- Strong focus on delivering results as well as services
- Inspiring and building trust
- Successful in building relationships, top talent and teamwork
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Takes decisions to progress projects and portfolio within the approved scope
- Escalates decisions for any matters outside the approved scope and budget
- Global and local Operating Unit Engineering teams
- Other members of the Engineering Leadership team
- GMSGQ and Leadership Team’s (LT`s)
- External organizations to understand industry trends and best practices
- External service providers and equipment vendors
Can identify latest trends in the industry
Can benchmark against peers in the industry
Ensures project management knowledge sharing across sites and GE functions for effective development of organizational capabilities.
- Manages with a matrix of reporting lines and across functional areas
- Provides leadership to drive project management methodology that span multiple sites across different demographics
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent (mechanical / process / chemical or equivalent
- Preferable +10 years of general engineering experience thereof +5 years’ experience in investment projects in international environment
- Experience in investment projects in international environment
- Broad Leadership experience for the management of internal and external resources in international environment
- Outstanding Project Management knowledge including successful contract management with ability to deliver safe and fully compliant projects.
- Well-developed communication skills, able to present to Senior Management
- In-depth technical experience in a GxP regulated environment with knowledge of chemical and/or pharmaceutical engineering operations.
- drive and focus on results
- building relationships and teamwork
- managing intercultural teams
- English fluency (written/oral) essential,
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry not limited to technical aspects only
- Good understanding of EHS and Quality aspects in the pharmaceutical industry
- Production and / or production planning experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience within Cell &Gene Engineering projects highly advantageous
Job ID R0011260