Brand Customer Manager Rare Metabolic Diseases
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Brand Customer Manager Rare Metabolic DiseasesApply Now
- Responsible for all aspects of the brand management of Rare Metabolic Diseases (RMD) products in Switzerland
- Optimizes brand performance by developing and executing marketing and customer engagement strategies in a competitive business environment
- Lead the development of brand strategies for RMD products in collaboration with commercial, medical, access, patient advocacy and customer excellence teams and drives effective execution including implementation of owned field based projects
Business Strategy and Management
- Leads the business strategy process for assigned products
- Spends time with customers and other stakeholders, gains detailed insights and knowledge of the disease area, and establish personal relations with key customers and business stakeholders
- Directs generation and analysis of data to seek out opportunities to support recommendations for strategic direction based on demand and market dynamics
- Is responsible for the development of all promotional material (digital, booth, brochures, print material, PR handouts etc.), in conjunction with Medical Affairs and in collaboration with the sales team and other internal stakeholders.
- Owns and executes assigned projects and implement these projects in Switzerland
Effective Team and Cross Functional Working internally and externally
- Develops effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Business Unit, the Local Operating Country (LOC), with the Global/EUCAN Brand Team, Market Access, Medical, Patient Advocacy and Customer Excellence teams
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the local Rare Disease market and closely monitors environmental changes and competitor activities in order to be able to fine tune planned tactics
- Identifies and raises relevant issues, and proposing potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels;
Performance and Financial Management
- Actively analyses in-market performance and identifies key metrics to assess the performance at market, and customer levels, taking into account key drivers of customer behavior
- Leads and takes ownership for key financial tasks for the brand including the development of annual budgets, brand plan, sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc. including effective budget control and resource management within predefined project budgets;
Stakeholder engagement and Communciation
- Develops and maintains strong, effective and constructive relationships with key external stakeholders (e.g. advisory groups, KOL networks, agency)
- Implements innovative multi-channel engagement approaches with customers
Risk Management and Controls
- Supports the BU Head in managing the company’s risk profile including, Code of Conduct and the Health and Safety performance of the business;
- Assists the BU Head in ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place;
- Assesses business risks and opportunitie
SKILLS, LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES and EDUCATION
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Integrates and drives the execution of plans/tactics for functional strategies
- Influences the functional strategy by defining, building, and communicating processes, relationships, and efficiencies in areas of accountability.
- Understands the environment and business model where the brand/s operate
- Outside thinking; advocating patient and HCP perspective into the organization
- Business acumen and ability to understand and actively contribute to the management of a P&L
- Understanding of customers’ needs and be able to translate their needs into highly impactful tactics and solutions
- Analytical, converting information into insights; monitoring market trends, uncovering unmet needs, identifying risks, barriers and opportunities at national level
- Agile and enthusiastic learner, able and eager to learn and develop in a challenging environment subject to business competitive challenges
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Excellent organisational and planning ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build trust and form effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Able to work in a changing and ambiguous environment
- Able to develop effective relationships with internal colleagues and with external suppliers/agencies and partners
Experience and Education
- Relevant university degree in Life Science or Pharmacy
- At least 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry in a similar position, preferably in specialty care
- In depth knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and codices for pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical, pharmacoeconomic/-political landscape in Switzerland
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, project management and E-mail and presentation software
- Fluent German and English both written and oral is mandatory; French is a plus
CHE - Glattpark (Opfikon) - Zurich HQ
Job ID R0022517