Associate Director, Finance Transformation Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Associate Director, Finance Transformation LeadApply Now
Finance Transformation Lead owns a set of project management activities across a number of global Finance and EuCan (Europe & Canada) transformation work streams. Key elements of the role include:
- Comprehensive New Takeda Finance Vision design with Global and EuCan HOF (Head of Finance) and implementation for EuCan for 2019 and 2020. This will include shaping of Strategic Objectives, Capabilities, Culture, Enablers as well as Milestone and Implementation plan. Essential part of this is Business Partnering Capabilities vision and practical upskilling and execution in Regional and LOC (Local Operating Company) teams.
- Finance Leadership level execution of Integration Initiatives for EuCan.
- Coordination and Execution of Divestment initiatives ensuring these are appropriately managed, resourced and executed for EuCan.
The Above will include:
- Design plans and implement key initiatives within the finance transformation plan. Interact with relevant Global and LOC leads as appropriate
- Liaise closely with HR, Change Management and Communication to ensure projects needs are identified early and incorporated into the overall stakeholder engagement plans
- Supports the HoF and Finance team with the preparation of Leadership materials and events planning and delivery
- Support business and finance community engagement activity acting as an ambassador of the programs
- Lead by example and support work stream Leads in translating project strategy into an efficient executable plan
- In cooperation with HR, Execute and Ambassador Talent Strategy – Diversity, Academy, Talent, Development, Coaching, Mentoring across various finance communities in EuCan and beyond.
- Monitor initiatives progress and effectiveness and recommend corrective actions
- Owning project delivery by bringing clarity on risks & issues and identifying and managing effective contingencies
- Planning and delivering successful operational execution
- Identifying need for co-ordination across portfolio of Global Finance initiatives and recommending mechanisms to ensure alignment and optimize resource utilization
- Interfacing with multiple stakeholders shaping design and influencing decision making
- Support the EuCan Finance team in the preparation of Leadership updates and the planning/ delivery of key events
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated, with business or life sciences degree preferable
- 5+ years of Project Management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex and pressured environments
- Ability to articulate and establish processes and drive decision making
- Excellent leadership, management and problem solving capabilities
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to manage change and conflict
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate and prepare materials for management review
- Ability to work effectively across geographies and functions in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading and / or managing competing priorities and projects in parallel
- Demonstrated facilitation skills supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (written & verbal communication, leadership, influencing)
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software
- Post graduate business related qualification such as an MBA
- Life Sciences or Management Consulting industry experience
- Any Project Management (e.g. ISEB, Prince 2 or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 25% for meetings with key stakeholders across Takeda.
Job ID R0009921