Manager - Commercial DataApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0038337 Date posted 07/09/2019 Location: Zug, Switzerland
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a MANAGER – COMMERCIAL DATA in our office in Zug, Switzerland.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries.
We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine, and we need bright, forward-thinking, ambitious and energetic people to support us on our journey.
This position will support Takeda’s Non-US Business (JP, EUCAN, GEM regions) in Commercial Data related areas, such as Data Purchasing, Negotiations and Contracting, Data Quality Assessments and compliant enterprise wide use of Commercial Data. The individual will provide insights from the third party data sources to relevant stakeholders based on their analysis.
The individual in this role should be very knowledgeable in healthcare and pharmaceutical data as well as aware of Pharma business needs.
This person will be expected to work closely with internal customers IT functions, Legal and Procurement. Customers will include all types of functions in the regional HQs and/or countries dealing with Commercial Data. Due to the high amount of incoming requests, the ability to plan and organize as well as to prioritize will be skills that are frequently employed.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring awareness and wide understanding of how to use available Commercial data sources by developing training material and actively leading trainings. Creating awareness of strengths and weaknesses of Commercial Data Sources depending on Therapeutic Area will be a key strategic area of focus.
There is a high level of complexity in understanding available secondary data sources across ex-US markets and being able to effectively communicate meaningful analysis from these sources is vital.
This person will report into the Senior Manager Commercial Data and will be expected to collaborate closely with counterparts in other regions.
This position will work closely with key international Commercial Data vendors. As part of this, the person must ensure compliance to contracts and data privacy, as relevant.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
40% of the time:BUSINESS SUPPORT REQUESTS
- Manages Commercial Data Requests from the Business such as Data Purchasing and Data Access requests.
- The role is a trusted business partner and advisor on Commercial Data.
- The role helps the business understand available data sources, underlying data collection methodologies and robustness of the data.
- If data is not purchased yet, the commercial data manager outlies available data offerings and helps facilitate contracting for Ad-hoc data purchases as needed. This requires close collaboration with Legal and Procurement
- Supports the Business functions with Commercial Data Analytics
- Produces Data pulls from Databases such as MIDAS and delivers analytics and raw data and gives advice and counsel around data reliability and readability.
- Supports the business with collecting necessary approvals from Suppliers on data sharing requests such as claims letters and Third Party Agreements (TPAs)
40% of the time:PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Leads and coordinates activities in Commercial data projects which may be internal or external. Influences without authority and removes barriers to deliver project results.
Example for external project:
- Avoid duplicative data purchases as part of Consulting projects. Support proper use of contract templates and contract language to ensure deliverables are captured correctly.
- Participate in milestone meetings to track progress and help with supplier management escalations.
Example for an internal project
- Set up internal homepage in collaboration with an external agency to support Commercial Data Communication strategy (e.g. a site where Trainings can be uploaded/accessed).
- Or leading a project work stream which partners closely with IT to ensure Commercial Data is correctly displayed in IT systems.
20% of the time: TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- Prepares training materials on key Commercial Data sources and Commercial Data processes (like MIDAS, TPAs etc.)
- Supports the Senior Manager Commercial Data with Insights and analysis and supporting decks to deliver outcomes of projects (such as Data Quality Assessments).
- Leads training sessions with internal stakeholders (such as business analytics functions, Finance, business development, Market Access and more), which may take place in person or remotely (Webex)
Experience & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with expert knowledge of secondary data sources and suppliers across Non-US markets
- In depth knowledge of the International pharmaceutical market and the differences between markets that influence customer interactions
- 2-3 years experience working in a Global/International environment
- Ability to rapidly build relationships with the internal stakeholders to understand and meet secondary data needs
- 2-3 years contracting and/or Procurement Experience is an advantage
- Strong skills in data analysis and in the technical packages (Dataview, Excel), including advanced excel functions to ensure quick and effective data analysis
- Strong communication skills to prepare clear insights and recommendations to be shared with customers at different levels in the business
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence/motivate stakeholders and drive toward consensus.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to establish logical flow and story and skilled in choosing best graphic representation for points to be made. Experienced presenting to senior management, with strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
- In depth understanding of senior sales and marketing managerial expectations and requirements in Pharma industry
- Strong experience of working with multiple vendors, including IQVIA
- Exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal across and up and down the organization as well as the ability to develop and deliver effective management presentations. Show a high degree of energy, passion and strong focus on quality.
- Ability to work in ambiguous or new situations by demonstrating a structured approach to diagnosing the problem, analyzing alternatives, recommending and implementing best solutions.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.