External Supply Quality Lead (ESQL)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
External Supply Quality Lead (ESQL)Apply Now
This position has responsibility for Quality Assurance and support of Quality Control, for external Oncology and Small Molecule manufacturing (contract manufacturing organizations, or CMO) and external testing (contract test labs, or CTL), inclusive of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) located Globally.
- Establish the strategy and plans for the ESQL Quality organization to meet the Quality and OpU vision and objectives
- Establish priorities,
- Build a regional patient-centered best in class organization,
- Develop diverse talent and elevate organizational performance,
- Execute on Quality Improvement projects and where appropriate, manage the finances of the team.
- Accountable for the product quality performance at designated CMOs, to ensure compliance and quality risks are identified, communicated and mitigated, and are an integral part of business decisions consistent with cGMP & Takeda Global Quality Standards
- Responsible for product quality performance through product and supplier Quality Risk Management, deviation/investigation review, change management, APQR evaluation, supplier auditing, Key performance Indicators (KPI) and other Quality processes and tools as required. Maintain product and process. Ensure an environment of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for robust supplier quality management practices to support the outsourced manufacturing and testing model in the respective regions.
- Influence supplier Quality practices to ensure product quality performance.
- Creates a clear and unifying vision for the ESQL area to assure product and process compliance.
- Fosters enthusiasm, commitment and dedication to the unifying vision within the team
- Define and champion implementation of compliance strategies, quality plans and Commercial Quality Assurance programs for the management of Takeda outsourced material procurement, product manufacturing/packaging operations to assure the quality and compliance of Takeda and partner products.
- Independently and directly represent Takeda to make decisions on acceptability of quality programs, and ongoing activities at the CMO.
- Establish quality and compliance expectations for CMOs and CTLs; performing strategic systems reviews and coordinate risk/benefit analyses of supplier processes and systems to assure compliance with cGMP’s and Takeda Quality System expectations.
- As necessary works with specific Takeda LOCs to assure compliance with country-specific requirements/regulations for the represented markets
- Develop and maintain a broad network of relationships within Takeda’s global environment. Represents Takeda and senior management at corporate and regional meetings and, as necessary, with Regulatory Agencies, industry groups and business partners.
- Works with ESQL team to support and/or lead audits of CMOs or CTLs, including development or audit reports and review of the acceptability of CMO/CTL corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the assessment of critical changes or deviations for Takeda products, to assure compliance to regulatory commitments, assessment and evaluation of risks, appropriate disposition of product, and correction or improvement of operations to minimize future risks.
- Maintains awareness of relevant legislation and regulatory guidelines and provides interpretation of regulations, and assures that QA supplier management programs, systems and controls are reviewed and updated as needed to assure compliance. As necessary, confirms requirements and regulations of other Takeda markets in support of manufacturing, testing and packaging activities.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of all product submissions, launches and new Takeda initiatives within Takeda, as well as at our contract manufacturing sites.
- Assist with FDA or other regulatory inspections of Oncology, Small Molecule External Supply,, other Takeda facilities or third party suppliers associated with the commercial product supply chain.
- May represent Takeda during regulatory inspections, as needed.
- Identifies key trends and emerging issues at suppliers and implements corrective actions as needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline, and minimum of 12 years of QA/QC experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or QA/QC laboratory environment.
- 10+ years of increasing management responsibility combined with strong technical operations background.
- At least 6 years of people management experience desired.
- Broad understanding of global Health Authorities requirements in the GMP and GDP regulated area; detailed knowledge of EU GMP, ICH, and other relevant regulations; and experience of the duties of the EU Qualified Person.
- Project Management expertise desired
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Analytical Skills – ability to thoughtfully analyze a wide variety of information and data to make key decisions regarding potential risks associated with product quality or regulatory violations.
- Leadership – ability to effectively lead and motivate a team of direct reports, provide a unifying vision, build on strengths, and address areas for improvement.
- Teamwork – ability to establish professional relationships and rapport with internal and external peers and higher-level management
- Proactiveness – ability to anticipate potential problems and risks related to commercial product operations, investigate solutions, and implement preventive actions.
- Regulatory Understanding – broad based knowledge of domestic and international regulations associated with manufacturing and packaging
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent intercultural communication, negotiation, and practical problem solving skills.
- Cross functional and matrix management. Preferred experience in large, multi-national, matrixed organizations
Core Competencies / Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Current on local and global regulations
- Digital and analytical skills
- Investigation and problem solving
- Strong communication skills engaging stakeholders: site, business, network, company, regulators
- Risk identification, evaluation and management
- Continuous improvement
- Leadership Behaviors
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focusing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Job ID SR0044669