Commercial IT Business Partner - Eastern Europe MCOApply Now Email Me Job ID R0013592 Date posted 11/04/2019 Location: Zagreb, Croatia; Vilnius, Lithuania; Tallinn, Estonia; Sofia, Bulgaria; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; Riga, Latvia; Prague, Czechia; Ljubljana, Slovenia; Bucharest, Romania; Belgrade, Serbia; Budapest, Hungary
- Partner with LOC/MCO leadership team and commercial functions (Access, Medical, Patient Services, Marketing and Sales), assist and lead key business processes to enable business strategy and capabilities from a technology perspective.
- Manage and drive commercial IT solutions in LOCs aligned with the Global Commercial Strategy. Investigate, channel and manage LOC demand and requirements to global commercial IT functions.
- Act as single Point of Contact for IT from strategy, through to project and service delivery for the LOC and, partner and liaises with responsible IT stakeholders to provide non-commercial solutions to ensure operational continuity.
MCO EE (Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia)
- Act as a pro-active sparring partner to the LOC Leadership Team and contribute and influence on the overall strategic direction of the LOC/MCO and EUCAN Commercial IT Organization.
- Lead investigation and analyses of business demand/requirements, articulate and manage business cases with LOC commercial functions and leverage the Global commercial toolkit to achieve business objectives
- Ensure alignment with Global IT on Global initiatives, lead and manage the local deployment of global and regional systems
- Effectively lead and support Commercial IT & Digital applications and tools at LOC level.
- Ensure all appropriate risk and security measures are taken for local application compliance.
- Act as IT SPOC for LOC and liaise with non-commercial IT functions to manage complex non-routine requests and ensure escalations reach accountable and responsible stakeholders.
- Manage the design and configuration of all commercial and technical aspects within the LOC and coordinates activities with the Head of IT & Digital LOC
- Contribute to annual budgeting process, aligning functional demand with the commercial strategy and emerging technological opportunities
- Works independently to navigate complex situations and is primary resource on complex commercial and technology issues. Provides leadership to own discipline and impacts other disciplines.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Expert knowledge, experience and ability to apply hands-on support to enable Commercial IT and digital tools and data in the LOC.
- Expert knowledge, experience and know-how of Customer Excellence, Customer Relationship Magenement and Digital Tactics in Life Sciences.
- Strong knowledge of Takeda’s brands and value to patients
- Strong knowledge of the application development and project management process
- Understand and provide clarity and transparency of local commercial needs. Apply global solutions where possible and local solutions only when absolutely necessary.
- Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise.
- Travel (30%) to countries in Europe and cluster are required
- Ability to communicate a strategy or business case at country leadership level
- Strong Business Relationship and Stakeholder Management skill required
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to influence and manage others
- Partner and work with LOCs on BU level and GM level.
- Closely work with commercial functions in LOC or at regional level e.g. Access, Patient Services, Marketing, launch and sales teams.
- Partner with Global Commercial IT delivery functions and other functions in IT
- Partner with Digital marketing agencies to ensure solution delivery
- Ensure strong partnership and collaboration with Commercial IT colleagues across LOCs and clusters.
- Ensure innovative mindset, be up to date on the latest developments in digital business enablement (BOTS, ioT, AI)
- LOC level and cross-country stakeholders and needs
- LOC leadership level communication and presentation
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business administration, or related field or equivalent experience (minimum)
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience, including systems analysis, design and implementation.
- 5+ work experience in roles such as Commercial IT, IT Business Partner Roles, Digital Technologies. Experience in Digital Media, Commercial Reporting, and Digital Marketing desirable.
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high-quality deliverables and is considered a subject matter expert in the technical/commercial area of expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Belgrade, Serbia, Bucharest, Romania, Ljubljana, Slovenia, Prague, Czech Republic, Riga, Latvia, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Sofia, Bulgaria, Tallinn, Estonia, Vilnus, Lithuanuia, Zagreb, Croatia