Local Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Local Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) CoordinatorApply Now
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own. Learn more at takedajobs.com.
To the Production Plant in Łyszkowice we are looking to hire a new team-member to play a critical role in managing Takeda's growth:
Local Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator
Implement and maintain best practice Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) management systems, controls and solutions for all EHS risks arising throughout the supply chain of an operating to minimise the risk of accidents or environmental impairment and to ensure compliance with Takeda's Global EHS Policy objectives, Takeda´s Global EHS Guideline and applicable global or local internal standards as well as all applicable national or regional laws and regulations and to contribute to protecting the continuity of supply of products to the market.
- Identify and evaluate all existing and potential threats to the operating company's businesses arising from environmental impacts and health & safety risks, inform and recommend actions to the Local EHS Responsible Manager and develop and implement agreed internal control systems, procedures and solutions.
- Implement EHS management systems, programmes and procedures to achieve the Global EHS Policy objectives and targets.
- Motivate and guide line management in the implementation of procedures and solutions to reduce the EHS impact of relevant activities by recommending new work practices, procedures or materials, new equipment or modification of existing equipment.
- Co-ordinate all EHS activities of the site and review periodically for compliance and progress.
- Carry out regular site inspections, to identify problem areas or poor practices and ensure that agreed corrective actions are fully implemented on time.
- Ensure all employees and contractors:
- fully understand the procedures they must follow to safeguard the EHS related situation during their working activities.
- receive appropriate instruction and training
- implement procedures correctly and are properly supervised.
- Participate in the activities of the company's EHS committee and co-ordinate the activities of technical and departmental EHS committees and working groups.
- Ensure that complete, accurate and fully referenced records are kept and maintained of all licences, permits, inventories, measurements and data arising from the day-to-day management of all EHS matters affecting the company, to provide evidence of compliance or non-compliance to regulatory or company policy requirements.
- Review and formally report progress on dealing with EHS issues.
- Investigate all injuries and environmental incidents and report formally according to Takeda´s global standards.
- Be properly informed of all applicable national or international laws, regulations and codes of practice on EHS issues affecting the company and determine and recommend the company's responses to them.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Higher education in the field of studies related to health and safety, or postgraduate studies in health and safety
- At least 3 years of EHS experience within pharmaceutical facility
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and their application to the business
- Good knowledge of environmental and health & safety law and legal processes
- Knowledge of EHS management systems (ISO 14001/ISO18001/EMAS)
- Communication skills to influence personnel at all levels in the company
- Good English language skills to fulfil internal and external communication tasks within the frame of working relationship
- Ability to participate effectively in external political and trade association forums and to deal with public bodies and regulators when called upon to do so
- Understand and be sensitive to the natural environment and health & safety concerns and the priorities to be addressed.
Our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – guide how we work and can be felt across every department
We take actions and make decisions by focusing on patient-centricity; your contribution will make an impact on people’s lives and change futures every day
We take care about our employees and offer: interesting work in an international environment, the opportunity for self-development, stable employment conditions, benefit package (group insurance, private medical care, co-financing meals in the canteen)
Empowering Our People to Shine
By engaging in our recruitment process you confirm you are aware and you accept Takeda Privacy Notice to Job Applicants. Data Controler is Takeda Pharma Sp. z o.o., Prosta 68, 00-838 Warszawa. You have a right to access your personal data, demand their rectification, erasure, removal, restriction of processing, data portability, as well as to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may request access to your data or to realize any of the abovementioned rights any time, to the extent specified by law – please contact us as it is described in the Privacy Notice.
Job ID R0007746