QC Team Leader (CI/Lean Lab Projects)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
QC Team Leader (CI/Lean Lab Projects)Apply Now
QC Team Leader (CI/Lean Lab Projects)will drive the implementation of the Lab Excellence Program at Bray. This requires the drive to champion change within the area through the application of lean laboratory tools to ensure a successful change transformation within the QC laboratory.
- Support the implementation of Must Win Battles within the QC laboratory and support departments (when required) throughout TIL Bray.
- Ensure that the correct resources are utilised to support change initiatives.
- Ensure that the appropriate training and support is provided to personnel leading or supporting change initiatives.
- To support the establishment and monitoring of Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) for the QC laboratory.
- To interact with Lab Excellence Team members, reach out and facilitate best practise sharing between Takeda sites.
- Providing training in Lean Laboratory to TIL employees as and when required.
- The application of tools from the Lean/6 Sigma toolbox as appropriate
- Using data when making decisions on priority of changes.
- Linking the data to cost savings when making decision on priority of changes.
- Working with the site’s Agile team to actively address problems and share knowledge as a team.
Mindset and Behaviours:
- Ensuring staff understand how their actions contribute to business goals/results.
- Addressing the root cause of problems, not just the symptoms.
- Viewing problems as an opportunity to improve, not to blame.
- Application of from -> to behavioural model when looking at improving mindsets and behaviours.
- Promoting the giving and receiving of feedback within the work-stream so that it becomes part of everyone’s normal daily activities.
- Using influencing and communication skills to clear roadblocks that occur within the work stream.
Skillsets to be developed during role as Change Agent
- Coaching and influencing without power: has the potential to use a range of different influencing techniques and actively gives and seeks feedback
- Improvement mindset: exhibits a ‘there must be a better way, why don’t we try …’ mentality
- Communications skills: is able to listen to others´ issues and can work in team
- delivers fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats
- Knowledge building
- Delivering impactful training to others
Project Management Skills
- Structured work planning; is able to build a plan and follow it
- Impact-driven: has strong commitment to deliver
Problem Solving Skills
- Structured and rigorous thinking; identifies key issues quickly and structures them logically
- Quantitative thinking; easily understands the quantitative relationships between the variables and can do order of magnitude estimates
- Innovative ideas; develops fresh & creative solutions to problems (thinking outside of the box)
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by Manager, QC or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Degree in Science preferable but not essential.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives within the QC laboratory environment.
- Experience in presenting / training preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal / communications skills
- Strong willingness to learn / apply new tools / techniques
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Job ID R0006947