QC LIMS Executive (Analytical Services)
Business Area Overview
On the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) team at Takeda, you’ll be part of a rapidly transforming industry that’s applying technology and data in new ways. Within our agile, innovative, people-centric organization, your work will matter every day as you use your skills to help us manufacture therapies for patients on our four platforms:
- Small Molecules
- Cell and Gene
As part of the GMS team, you'll have the opportunity to pursue unique experiences and build new skills, and you'll know that the work you do every day makes an impact — on our patients, our people, our planet, and on yourself.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
QC LIMS Executive (Analytical Services)Job ID R0051542 Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Location Wicklow, Ireland
This brief demands a commitment to the quality effort and the application of good analytical and technical skills.
- To maintain the validated status of the LIMS/Empower systems and other relevant systems and to implement and manage them to assure compliance with applicable regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain required documents, including SOPs, specifications, and forms for all QC computerised systems, in conjunction with QC Manager \ Site Quality Head or designees.
- Administration on Computerised Systems.
- LIMS Static Data load for all test methods
- LIMS data management and maintenance
- Integration of all laboratory equipment and associated software to LIMS where possible.
- Contribute effectively to the design and implementation of quality systems in the QC laboratories to comply with relevant current regulatory expectations.
- To ensure the system static data is updated in a timely manner to ensure compliance.
- Change control owner related to any activities of new Instrument/Software Qualification.
- To identify report requirements for functional areas, to design\develop or assist in design\development of reports.
- To highlight and where necessary implement new technologies in QC area.
- Preparing for and supporting external audits (HPRA, FDA, corporate, client).
- To ensure the maintenance of all Clients within the QC Laboratories.
- To act as Data integrity SME for QC.
- To facilitate dialogue\support between the LIMS/Empower vendors and the system users, to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- To identify and support the implementation of functional area end-user requirements and enhancements.
- To work in conjunction with the LIMS/Empower users to ensure compliance across all user groups.
- To deliver LIMS system training as appropriate to LIMS Users and\or the functional area, and to maintain adequate records.
- To assist in maintaining the validated status of all Instrumentation as situated in the QC Laboratories.
- To liaise with QC, QA and IT Departments in the performance of normal duties.
- Support major projects, quality initiatives and continuous improvement programmes within the QC department(s) and in other functional areas
- To provide support to other business systems with respect to the interface with LIMS/Empower, to assist in developing instrument integration and data acquisition.
- To assist in validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ) as required, coordinating and\or executing various portions of system validation, for example performance qualification.
- Execution and review of validation and data migration protocols and reports in compliance with Regulatory, GMP and GLP guidelines.
- Recording of any validation deviations using the LIMS Incident Management and Change Control
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Manager, QC or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- BSc. (minimum) in science or a related discipline.
- Practical experience working in a GMP laboratory (minimum 3 years).
- Practical experience working with LIMS and Empower as data input or reviewer (minimum 2 years).
- Working with Labware LIMS is preferred but not essential.
- Lab Equipment Management and Qualification desirable.
- System administration experience in a pharmaceutical or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects
- Have good organisational, communication, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Will be proactive and flexible
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Full Healthcare Cover - includes dependents
- Pension Scheme
- Attractive Bonus
- Subsidised canteen
- Parking facilities with electric car charging points
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Educational Assistance
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
Work in a cold, wet environment.
Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Time TypeFull time
View All GMS JobsSearch
Operator im Upstream für die Produktion von Gentherapie Produkten (w/m/d)
Apply for Operator im Upstream für die Produktion von Gentherapie Produkten (w/m/d) Orth an der Donau, Austria Manufacturing/Production
Manufacturing Technician II
Apply for Manufacturing Technician II Social Circle, Georgia Manufacturing/Production
Sr. Manager Technology Excellence - Data Science
Apply for Sr. Manager Technology Excellence - Data Science Boston, Massachusetts Manufacturing Sciences
We Take Action by Focusing on Our Four Priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital