QC Laboratory Apprentice
Business Area Overview
At Takeda, Quality has always been a priority for us, throughout our long history. Today, what we do in Global Quality touches every part of our diverse organization. It’s reflected in our end-to-end Quality Management System that encompasses R&D, Manufacturing & Distribution, Commercial, Vaccines and our BioLife Plasma Collection network. When you’re a part of our team, you’ll do meaningful work that makes an impact on the lives of patients. Learn more about us and explore the opportunities to build a remarkable career.
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
QC Laboratory ApprenticeJob ID R0069533 Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Location Wicklow, Ireland
JOB TITLE: QC Apprentice
REPORTS TO: QC Team Leader
This brief demands a commitment to the quality effort, i.e., the application of sound practices and good technical skills.
The QC Apprentice will be trained to possess the following skills:
- Demonstrate the ability to operate equipment and instruments effectively and according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a safe manner within the laboratory.
- Demonstrate the theoretical knowledge of relevant sciences and technology.
- Handle materials and equipment correctly paying due regard to safety and environmental protection regulations.
- Capability to perform basic chemistry techniques to include but not limited to the use of:
- Pipettes, Auto-Titrators, pH, Weighing, Diluting to Volume, Volumetric Calculations, Karl Fischer, Thin Layer Chromatography and Physical Testing.
- Ability to identify and note equipment (foe sampling, testing and control) malfunction if it occurs, and informing the QC Team Leader.
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills:
- Speaking, listening, listening, writing, body language, presentation.
- Work and interact effectively within a team.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks.
- Understand impact of work on others, especially where related to diversity and equality.
- Time management and ability to complete work to schedule.
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes.
Core Competencies and Behaviours:
- Health, Safety and Environmental awareness.
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Engage in teamwork.
- Complete integrity and compliance programmes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Reading comprehension.
- Problem solving.
- Critical thinking.
- Time management.
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Mathematics and statistics.
- Continuous professional development.
- Understand the fundamentals of Science.
- Understand the principles of cGMP.
- Understand the quality systems that are in place and their importance.
- Ability to work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems.
- Understanding of basic chemistry and microbiological techniques.
- Knowledge of pharmacopeias.
- Understand safe laboratory and safe work practices and methods.
- Knowledge of methods of receiving and logging samples into a QC laboratory.
- Knowledge of the variety of methods involved in water testing, raw material, in-process and finished product.
- Understanding the importance of data integrity, recording results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understanding the correct labelling of laboratory reagents and samples.
- Knowledge of “out of specification” investigations and laboratory investigation processes.
- Knowledge of the purchase systems of QC consumables and liaising with approved suppliers.
- Understanding the various steps in the production processes – upstream and downstream.
- Knowledge of calibrating laboratory equipment as required.
- Knowledge of reporting processes and current deficiencies in GLP/GMP.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the relevant Manager or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS/RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
For entry into year 1 of Level 6 QC Apprenticeship Programme:
- Pass (Grade O6 or better) in five Leaving Certificate subjects, one of which must be maths and one science related subject.
- 250 CAO points.
- Relevant FETAC Level 5 or Level 6 Graduate.
- Current employee with relevant experience and qualifications.
Worker Sub-TypeApprentice / Trainee (Trainee)
Time TypeFull time
View All Quality JobsSearch
Supplier Quality Manager (f/m/d)
Apply for Supplier Quality Manager (f/m/d) Vienna, Austria Quality
Quality Compliance Specialist
Apply for Quality Compliance Specialist Zurich, Switzerland Quality
Senior Investigations Quality Control
Apply for Senior Investigations Quality Control Lexington, Massachusetts Quality
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Wicklow, LeinsterExpand Map