Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Packaging LeadApply Now
This role is a leadership role supporting the Manager of Packaging Operations to lead the packaging team to meet the department goals. It requires effective leadership of teams and individuals as well as the application of sound technical skills to drive the department forward. The Packaging Lead will support the manufacturing schedule for the Packaging Department through the consistent, efficient, validated and safe packaging of finished pharmaceutical products in strict compliance with cGMP.
- Lead and promote a culture of Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement within the Packaging Department
- Lead and promote LEAN initiatives in line with the departments strategic goals.
- Actively participate / be a leader in programs to maintain a positive working environment for all staff.
- Work closely with support departments to achieve common objectives with respect to safety, quality and productivity.
- Provide first-line support and act as mentor to the Operations Team Leaders and trainees in the area.
- Foster an environment where change is embraced.
- Working alongside the HR department, lead & drive recruitment for the Packaging Department.
- Direct line management of a team of Operational Support staff & all associated activities.
- Be available to perform duties of the Operational Shift Team Leader role including the ability to work 12 hour day/night shift if required for cover.
- Deputise for the Packaging Manager including participation in tier 1-5 operational performance dialogue.
- Work closely with our planning department, formulate, maintain & publish the monthly production schedules.
- Maintain, calculate & publish various KPI systems identified to drive departments performance.
- First line support/designee for the Packaging Manager for operational support issues incl. developing & communicating action plans
- Assistance in the development of a documentation system to augment training, compliance and cGMP in the Packaging Department (SOPs, EPIs, training records).
- Key role in preparation & execution of regulatory, internal & customer audits.
- Key interface with other Departments in the business, such as Planning and Supply Chain, Quality and Technical Services
- Develop a solid technical understanding of the following;
- Primary blister packaging including camera systems
- Secondary packaging including serialisation / aggregation processes
- The nuances and requirements of a diverse portfolio of packaging formats
- IT data control & systems maintenance (SAP/XFP)
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Director, DP Manufacturing Operations or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Minimum of a Degree in Science or related discipline.
- Relevant Lean qualification desirable..
- Experience in a leadership role, dealing with significant change.
- Previous experience in managing the performance of individual team members and that of the overall team/department.
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing is preferable.
- Ability to lead and promote shared responsibility for getting things done in an organisation.
- Track record of getting commitment from team members and others to act on strategies plans and goals.
- Proven ability to challenge the ‘norm’ and influence change within the department and through support departments
- Excellent multi-tasking/organisational skills essential.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Problem-solving ethos & commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Flexible approach to working & ability to work to tight deadlines.
Job ID R0012349