Finance ControllerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0007181 Date posted 02/08/2019 Location:Wicklow, Ireland
JOB TITLE: Finance Controller - Bray
REPORTS TO: Director, Finance – Takeda Ireland Ltd
The Financial Controller will be the finance lead role at Takeda Ireland Ltd (Bray). an ethical Solid Oral Dosage Pharmaceutical Formulation and Finished Product plant – Takeda Ireland Ltd (Bray).
Responsibilities include overseeing the accounting, corporate reporting, financial planning, compliance and business support for that site. The Financial controller will work as a key member of the extended site leadership team providing guidance and support on all financial aspects of the business.
The role has a solid functional reporting line into the Director, Finance Takeda Ireland Ltd.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Work with site management to prepare key financial plans (annual MRP (Mid Range Plan) and three forecasts within the financial year.
- Prepare MRP presentation packs with supporting schedules and file with GMS (Global Manufacturing Services).
- Present MRP to Finance Director and site Site LeadershipTeam.
- Assess and communicate local risks and opportunities in order to anticipate performance variances.
- Support cost accountant in preparation of product standard costs annually.
- With the support of the Shared Services Centre team prepare monthly P&L for the Bray site.
- Prepare and file reporting pack including financial metrics update with commentary and analysis of key deviations for the site.
- Present monthly results to Finance Director and site Site Leadership Team for review and analysis.
- Complete all actions from review process in a timely manner.
- Engage in full balance sheet review with Shared Services Centre team monthly.
- Drive financial awareness and Financial KPI delivery with local management.
- Prepare appropriate financial analysis of all deviations (OpEx. spend, manufacturing variance, Purchase Price Variance. and CapEx.), from financial plans to guide local management decisions and follow through on remediation actions.
- Monitor all financial transactions for the Licenced business in Bray and ensure accuracy and completeness. Identify and communicate in a timely manner any financial risks exposures observed with this business to Finance Director.
- Prepare business case in support of new product introduction and significant site investments.
Compliance and Internal control
- Ensure compliance with all corporate guidelines and IFRS.
- Maintain strong internal control systems around company assets.
- Fully support all GIA and external audits on site.
Compensation and Benefits - Management Responsibility
- Supervision of payroll and all related benefits administration for Takeda Ireland Ltd (Bray and Grange Castle) and analysis of outputs from the payroll process.
- Manage, direct, develop and mentor the Compensation and Benefits Analyst.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Director, Finance or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Finance Degree
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification
- Minimum of 5-10 years Finance Management experience working in Pharmaceuticals or within a multi-national environment
- Able to work on modern ERP & IT systems and experience with SAP Accounting is essential ( ECC6)
- Experience with payroll processing is desirable
- Experience in people management is desirable
- Sound and up to date knowledge of Irish GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Be highly motivated and possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Is a critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization.