Medical Science Liaison - IBD (North)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0012457 Date posted 09/18/2019 Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom; United Kingdom
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda - winners of the prestigious PMEA Company of the Year Award.
Join us as a field based Medical Science Liaison in our IBD/GI Business Unit covering the North of England.
As an MSL supporting the IBD Business Unit, reporting into the MSL Team Leader, you will as a key member of the MSL team, be empowered to provide field-based support from the medical function and contribute towards achievement of the organisational goals.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in identifying and developing strong sustainable peer to peer relationships with external stakeholders on their territory to support the medical/scientific credibility of the company. You will need to have previous experience in communicating scientific and clinical information to a KOL audience within the healthcare industry, ideally in a similar MSL role within the Pharmaceutical industry. A special interest in IBD and biological therapy is also an advantage.
Candidates must live on the territory with working knowledge of the area.
Further skills and experience required for the role:
- Degree in biological sciences, medicine or pharmacy
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence external KOLs.
- Demonstrable thirst for knowledge and ability to assimilate knowledge quickly
- Able to present clinical data clearly and concisely and discuss the statistical and clinical relevance of such data
- Good understanding of the clinical trials process and the ability to critique scientific publications
- Ability to work autonomously without close supervision in a field-based setting
- Able to work collaboratively with commercial and head office colleagues.
- Professional, ethical, ensuring compliance at all times.
- Willingness to travel, be away from home and attend international meetings.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Car Allowance, 20% Target Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Lancashire, Great Britain
Humberside, Great Britain, Merseyside, Great Britain, South Yorkshire, Great Britain, West Midlands, Great Britain, West Yorkshire, Great Britain