Patient Advocacy Group ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0012313 Date posted 09/11/2019 Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Embed Patient perspective across the organization encompassing the business strategy and patient value by partnering with local patient advocacy groups on mutual respect and transparency, positioning Takeda as a recognized patient centric company.
- Development, implementation and communication of patient advocacy strategy and activities to ensure patient focused access goals/KPIs and enhancing Takeda reputation
- Lead and sustain strategic partnerships with patient advocacy organizations addressing patient needs through innovative collaborations that advance patient goals and business objectives
- Integrate patient perspective into evidence generation process and RWE planning process to reflect patient’s perspective in primary and secondary outcomes to support value based schemes development
- Secure strong understanding of local access requirements to empower patient associations to share their voice and build partnership-based dialogue with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with PVA Head and x-team members in the process of building integrated Patient Advocacy strategy ensuring early integration of patient perspective into unmet need objectives and throughout access lifecycle.
- Development of social media and diseases awareness communications strategy and relationship with healthcare journalists
- Support Takeda’s corporate philosophy and strategy to focus on improving patient outcomes
- Implement integrated Patient Strategy partnering with other functions based on strategic patient insights and business needs to shape the portfolio strategy by anticipating the evolution of the overall economic and political environment and how this may impact patient community and Takeda’s business
- Drive patient awareness and burden of disease programs at LOC level in partnership with key patient groups and other external stakeholders to maximize patients’ outcomes
- Develop strong understanding and relationship and collaborate with market access, medical and other relevant cross functional teams to ensure early integration of patient voice into RWE development process
- Partner with key patient advocacy organizations to understand their needs and evaluate partnerships in areas of mutual interest
- Represent Takeda Polska with professionalism, credibility and integrity at national and international meetings and European/International Patient Committees to enhance Takeda reputation (e.g. EURORDIS, European Patient Forum, EUPATI etc.)
- Represent Takeda Polska in Industry leadership forums
- Create deep functional bench strength by identifying, attracting and developing a best in class Patient Advocacy management. Ensure effective coaching and training to build technical and leadership skills for maximum performance and long term succession planning. Cultivate an inclusive, high performance, patient oriented environment that values and leverages diversity of thinking, style and experiences.
- Implement strategic framework to deploy effective Patient Engagement across product life cycle, accelerate mindset shift to “thinking patient first”
- Lead internal patient awareness/involvement to contribute to employee engagement and share Patient Relations best practices with other LOCs across EUCAN
- Ensure compliance in all interactions throughout the organization and maintain regular liaison with the Global, Regional and Local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities comply with internal and external policies (NP4, EFPIA, deontological code, global Patient Engagement guidelines).
- Represent Takeda Polska in external advocacy organizations and at meetings/conferences
- Develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders (key patient advocacy organisations, policy groups and other NGOs, healthcare journalists and organizations active in the area of health policy and advocacy) and internal stakeholders
- Embed effective stakeholder management strategies within the organization and maintain regular communication to bridge strategy gaps and allow for effective execution of plans in ways that meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes and support business objectives.
- Represent the identity of Takeda internally & externally in line with the global positioning and Takeda´s values, mission and vision
English mandatory, additional languages advantageous
5 Years Pharma Industry or in relevant Governmental or Patient Umbrella Institutions/Organizations
Proven track record in patient advocacy relations ,communications and social media
Experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of key trends in both internal and external environment with an impact on advocacy group engagement
- Understanding of the needs and behaviors of a broad variety of stakeholder groups, including patients, their families, consumers and medical professionals
- Understanding of communications strategies and media mix
- Understanding of social media strategy and channels
- Understanding of the specialty pharma business model and the overall healthcare environment
- Ability to be an efficient ‘translator’ between the NGO world and the corporate world; bring the patient voice within the organization in a credible and effective manner
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships with key external stakeholders, including local disease specific and umbrella Patient Advocacy Groups
- Understanding of corporate and brand needs, including relevant medical, access and policy-related issues
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including commercial, ,medical affairs and senior leadership
- Strong orientation and proven record of cross-functional alignment and collaboration
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset; ability to link to strategy; demonstrate empathy
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)