Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Genetic Diseases (GD)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0044375 Date posted 12/18/2019 Location: Warsaw, Poland
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Genetic Diseases.
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Genetic Diseases working on the Medical Team, you will be empowered to:
- Under the guidance of the Country Medical Lead (CML)/Medical Manager (MM) and Country Medical Director, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) drives the implementation of the Country Medical Affairs Plans and projects related primarily to external HCPs engagement, insights collection and data dissemination.
- In a 100% compliant manner, the MSL systematically identifies the unmet needs of HCPs/KOLs, investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establishes strong professional relationships, provides credible scientific expertise and serves as a link to Takeda’s Local Medical Affairs, cross functional teams, global medical and clinical teams and external partners. Proposing solutions that can help address unmet needs and build patient holistic understanding of journey approach and programs
- The MSL develops and maintains long term scientific partnership with HCPs, and serves as scientific extension of the country Therapeutic Area team.
- MSL supports planning and execution of scientific events like symposia, workshops, lectures, as well as advisory boards both on national and international level
- Externally focused, Health Care Professional (HCP) related activities are expected to comprise up to 80% of MSL responsibilities, while up to 20% of work is based internally and in office, on project planning and medical planning together with CML/MM and Cross functional teams
- The MSL continuously develops and maintains personal expertise in relevant disease areas and MSL best practices related to meaningful interactions , that can be applied externally and internally.
Key Skills required
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
- Education in medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biology, or similar related field is required
- Strong scientific acumen and proven track record of scientific experience/acumen is required (own publications are advantage)
- Advanced degree in life sciences is strongly preferred (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent)
- Has an established track record of effective and influential interactions within the healthcare environment
- Demonstrative therapeutic experience/research or substantive focus at patient care experience is required (2 years preferred)
- Medical, clinical or research experience in the assigned disease area is preferred
- Demonstration of expertise in key skills, capabilities and competencies
- Fluent in English and local territory language are both mandatory
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Discover more at takedajobs.com.
What Takeda Can Offer You
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include: Competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Cover and Life Assurance.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.