Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Communication and Public Affairs Manager
Communication and Public Affairs Manager
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Communication and Public Affairs Manager.
- Supporting external corporate brand building across external environment, to enhance and reinforce company positioning and reputation among stakeholders
- Creating and developing associated communication plans that align with the company strategy, ensuring that the approach of ‘putting patients at the center’ is integral to communications activities
- Reviewing communications activity and interactions between functional leads and making recommendations for ways to improve communications in support of the company’s vision, values and key business initiatives
- Managing environmental monitoring/listening (traditional and social/digital media)
- Support GA Head in identifying tier-1 decision makers, key influencers and stakeholder groups including private or public institutions for existing and new products to establish / manage / extend professional relationships in close collaboration with Medical and Business Units
- Works with local and regional policy makers in relation to Health Policy
- Participates in national level industry forums and communication working groups to represent company´s interest
- Engages in health policy shaping activities in favor of the company´s interest to maximize access to Takeda´s products to a broad patient population, using smartly industry forums
- Understands local legal and regulatory platform, its strengths and gaps, and can address it as a part of Public policy management
- Support GA Head and GM in anticipates and interactively discusses scientific, legal, financial and business topics with external stakeholders
Positioning in market
- Strengthen reputation of Takeda in market through positioning of company and differentiating initiatives (i.e. awareness campaigns, burden of disease repots) in line with Takeda’s values and strategy
- Lead communications response for issues management processes, aligning with GM and other functions/ BUs, as appropriate. Develop appropriate monitoring and response systems (e.g. media/ social media).
- Manage external communications activities, proactive and reactive (e.g. handling media requests)
- Track campaigns create measurements reports
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A proven record of writing for health policy and legislative stakeholders e.g. government consultation responses
- Understanding of trends in the communications sector
- Agility to learn, curiosity and external awareness, willingness to listen and rethink status quo
- Ability to use appropriate levels of assertiveness and diplomacy when dealing with all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Ability to work well with other departments and with multiple external stakeholders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment characterized by rapid change
- Strong enthusiasm, with a drive to succeed
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver results
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a corporate environment to achieve company goals
- Ability to represent and portray the Takeda image with varied audiences
- The highest degree of integrity, transparency and adherence to ethics standards in all activities
- Academic qualifications (e.g. undergraduate or post-graduate degree in communication management, public relations, journalism, corporate affairs or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a healthcare or pharmaceutical communications environment.
- Experience in analyzing and giving opinions on government documents
- Familiar with workings of Government departments, interactions between ministers and officials etc.
- Strong planning and implementation skills, as well as a creative and effective approach to problem solving
- Understanding of the specialty pharma business model and the overall healthcare environment
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills are essential
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders such as patients/PAGs and KOLs
- Fluency in English (mandatory) and in one other European language (preferable)