MSL Oncology (f/m/x)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0012309 Date posted 09/11/2019 Location: Vienna, Austria
With around 30,000 people working in approx. 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
We are looking for a strong candidate for the position as a Medical Scientific Liaison Manager (Oncology), based in Vienna.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in a given therapy area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Proactively identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their needs, segment them accordingly and implement targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Supports ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provides clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Facilitates unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Development and support of national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas
- Understands leverage points of the patient journey
Experience and Education
- PharmD, MD or PhD in biomedical sciences or related degree in biological sciences
- 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical environment
- Strong MSL experience / MSL experience preferred
- A good understanding of clinical development and clinical study design
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment
- Fluency in English
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important position is € 3.606,19 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
We are looking forward to get your application incl. CV and motivation letter!