Market Access Lead – OncologyApply Now Email Me Job ID R0015899 Date posted 01/16/2020 Location: Vallensbæk Strand, Denmark
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? Are you an emerging talent within Health Economics? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda!
Join us as Market Access Lead based in Vallensbæk, with lot's of outgoing activities. You will be a part of our highly dedicated Patient Value & Access Team, that closely collaborates with the business to secure access for our medicine for patients.
• Leads market access and launch strategies within Takeda's business unit for oncology products ensuring early and proactive stakeholder engagement internally as well as externally.
• Drives, initiates and implements programs and activities to gain, maintain and improve access and reimbursement of Takeda products through both the Medicines Council as well as Regional pharmaceutical committees and on hospital and department level.
• Drives reimbursement process with cross-functional core-team colleagues and ensures internal stakeholders are informed and necessary approvals in place.
• Ensures pricing and tender strategies within oncology are in place with the necessary input and approvals from internal as well as external environment.
• Acts as company liaison in specific stakeholder groups (such as payers/employers/decision makers) within oncology.
• Participation in cross-functional core team for oncology as representative for market access.
• Collaboration and assistance with Public Affairs Lead and Patient Advocacy Lead to ensure objectives are met.
Secure Fast and Broad Access to our Medicines
• Drive customization of Budget impact models and/or Cost-Effectiveness model for the Danish market as well as other necessary health economic analysis in order to secure fast and broad access.
• Drive Medicines Council strategy and processes together with Medical Advisor and rest of the Core-team and/or external partners, ensuring timely insights on disease area, access restric-tions, financial barriers as well as processes, perceptions and opinions that can inform our strategy for gaining broad and fast access to our medicines.
• Provide input for evidence generation plans to close gap in processes and activities run in order to secure fast and broad access.
• Identify required guideline shaping activities, opportunities and risks before Medicines Council Guideline processes, and drive activities together with the cross-functional Core-team to optimize strategic success.
• Develop pricing and tender strategies with Brand Leads and EUCan in a timely manner to en-sure we optimize access and/or positioning in Medicines Council recommendations and that internal stakeholders are included as required.
Industry Insight & Disease Area Planning
• Map key stakeholders and their needs and decision making process to ensure clarity and enable effective and value-creating stakeholder management allowing for Takeda to be regarded as preferred and trusted partner.
• Stay informed and up to date on new developments within the relevant oncology areas including political or policy changes and new market entrants
• Keep track on expected updates in guidelines, tenders and new medicines council processes
• Cooperate in policy shaping initiatives together with Patient Advocacy Lead, Public Affairs and Communication Lead as well as the disease specific Core-Team.
• As primary liaison with payers at local and regional level build long-terms relationships with these and other prioritized stakeholders to enable multiple beneficial dialogue and solutions for the benefits of patients as well as payers and providers.
• Contribute to the implementation of innovative contracting solutions and conducting of negotiations with stakeholders at national as well as regional level.
• Participation in cross-functional team meetings and strong collaboration and alignment with cross-functional team on account strategies, account planning and field activities.
• Communicate field intelligence to internal stakeholders and collaboratively develop appropriate strategies
• Provide insights to cross-functional and market access teams on potential access barriers at Regional or Hospital level and develop strategies on how to succeed
• Deliver agreed results in timely manner.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
Critical Skills and Competencies
• Technical skills: Strong Health Economic competencies, preferable on-hands experience with complex CEA/CUA models, BIM and cost-minimization.
• Collaboration: Strong relationships with external stakeholders and ability to also establish productive internal relationships. Partners with others across the organization to ensure com-mon understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
• Drive for Results: Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
• Engage Others & Communicate with Impact: Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences
• Customer & Patient centricity: Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards; understands the unmet needs of the patients
• Negotiation skills
• Can-do attitude and willingness to seek new solutions and challenge status-quo externally as well as internally.
Experience and Education
• Relevant university background, i.e. MedIS., Cand.Polit., Cand.Scient.San.Publ., MSc. Health Econ., Cand.Scient.Pol.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical sector including Health Economics.
• Medicines Council process experience
• Deep understanding of the Danish Health Care System, environment, reimbursement flows and management structures
• Ability to acquire intelligence and insights in new areas without delay
• Knowledge and preferably experience with Value Based Solutions design and execution
• Tender and pricing management knowledge
• Project management skills
• Desire to work truly cross-functionally and take responsibility to develop cross-functional solutions to ensure beneficial patient focused outcomes.
For qualified candidates, please contact Head of Patient Value & Access Louise Herbild at 46771547 if you have further questions (no recruiters please).
DNK - Vallensbæk