Plasma Center Training Supervisor (40hrs) - Universal City, TX (San Antonio)
Universal City, Texas
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team player
Life at Takeda
Medicine for the world
We put the patient at the center of everything we do as we strive towards better health for people worldwide, through leading innovation in medicine.
“It’s about putting the patient at the center of everything we do. Takeda is very rooted in our four priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business, or PTRB.”
Chief of Staff
Meet Jen, the Chief of Staff and Head of Gastroenterology (GI) Therapeutic Area Unit General Operations in Boston, Massachusetts.
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Our vision is of a world with accessible healthcare for all, where prevention measures are exponentially advanced and billions are freed of disease. Our approach is rooted in our patient-centricity and the creation of outstanding treatments that change people's lives. Building upon a foundation of sustainability, we are committed to contributing to the long-term health of people through disease prevention.
Plasma Center Training Supervisor (40hrs) - Universal City, TX (San Antonio)Apply Now
BioLife’s employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off (new hires are eligible for 25 days per year), on the job training, tuition reimbursement (up to $10,000/year), advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives.BioLife employees who work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for full benefits!
Experience training employees in a fast paced environment required. Phlebotomy experience a plus! This is an hourly leadership role.
Responsible for the general supervision of the center area training program. Is able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not limited to): (50%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual certification requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual re-certification training.
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training, re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to training.
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including company background, health and safety requirements, policies and procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative Ac- tion practices and is actively involved in employment application pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (20%)
- Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their performance goals and comply with company quality standards and procedures. (25%)
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including, but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, APCT, LT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance, customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns. (internal)
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management on training concerns within the plasma cen ter.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0038473
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.