Training Manager - Rare Disease / Oncology - Toronto, ONApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0036963 Date posted 06/02/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
As part of the Takeda Canada’s Customer Excellence Team, the Training Manager is responsible for developing and implementing appropriate Learning and Development strategies to deliver business outcomes and add value to cross-functional partners to create a competitive advantage. Reporting to the Training and Development Lead, located at head office in downtown Toronto, the Training Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Partner with medical and marketing colleagues to ensure the continuous development of product/ and disease area knowledge to an established standard
- Drive sales and marketing excellence through the development of knowledge to ensure optimal customer engagement
- Partner with stakeholders to design L&D interventions which ensure that staff are compliant with Sales and Marketing SOP’s
- Keep an up to date record of completed training for Sales and Marketing employees
- Ensure training material is compliant, approved (Medical, Legal, Regulatory), approved and up to date
- Delivery and facilitation of initial training programmes, product training and selling skills
- Consult with Sales & Marketing colleagues to share best L&D practice and ideas to support the successful delivery of key projects
- Partner with people managers on a regular basis to support them with the development of their people
- Work with and co-ordinate external agencies to deliver L&D interventions on time and within budget
- Drive an L&D culture of giving and receiving feedback and coaching which drives performance and fosters engagement
- Keep up to date with the latest learning technologies & L&D practices
- Introduce and/or promote the use of innovative learning methods to ensure a highly engaging offering in line with a 70:20:10 approach to L&D which enables a more independent approach to learning
- Minimum 3-5 years’ job experience within pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare insurance, payer, HTA, consulting, and pharmacy/pharmacy benefits management industries
- University degree in a health sciences, business, or related field of study
- Relevant experience in areas of training and training management is strongly preferred
- Excellence communication (spoken and written) and facilitation capabilities
- Solid understanding in process development
- Demonstrated strong project management capabilities
- Key Account management experience is an asset
- Experience working in multiple therapeutic areas is an asset
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of use of Adult and blended learning strategies and solutions
- Experience in Rare Disease, Oncology or Specialty is an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or customer meetings, including overnight trips in Canada, US, and Europe.
- Willingness to spend time traveling through Canada (up to 50%) to conduct field visits with Sales Representatives to better understand training needs and adoption and to provide ongoing coaching and assessment.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector
- Ability to conduct needs assessments to determine employee and organization strengths and development areas
- Ability to facilitate focus group discussions, conduct classroom learning sessions, seminars and workshops
- Ability to develop, implement and measure targeted training programs at all levels of the organization
- Actions and solutions oriented
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Relevant coaching and/or training qualifications
- Experience of developing and agreeing PDP’s
- Pharmaceutical sales experience
- Project management experience
- Key Account Management experience
- Proven ability to work within a self-directed environment and collaboratively with both internal and external partners. Experience in working with multiple therapeutic categories would be an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in customer orientation, collaboration, and teamwork, strategic innovative thinking and ability to manage complex situations.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.